ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Small portable device with hard drive and parallel port

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Small portable device with hard drive and parallel port Reply with quote

I know this may be far fetched, but some sort of small, self contained device with a hard drive and parallel port that has a program like ucon64 in it's memory and a small LCD screen that lets you load ROMS to whatever copier (the unit could have a menu that could show up on the LCD and lets you choose where the ROM is and what copier you are loading it to).
madman

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Those already exist. Ever heard of sub-notebook computers or ultraportables?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
LOL. Those already exist. Ever heard of sub-notebook computers or ultraportables?

Lo,, I have heard of those, jerk. But tell me, in your infinite wisdom, have you heard of a sub notebook or ultraportable with a paralel port?

My idea was to have a device say, the size of an ipod with an LCD screen that had a parallel port and it's only function was to transfer ROMS via parallel port.
madman

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, and I own one. It's maybe the size of an MVS game.

Do you really think someone is going to invest the R&D into making a device w/an LCD just so a handful of warez kiddies would have a more portable way to load their roms? It would require a parallel port controller chip, display controller, hard drive controller, CPU and its own custom OS. Plus a keyboard or other input device.
xiaNaix

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want something portable, just buy a Dingoo and use the emulators for it.
madman

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't encourage him xianaix. He will just post how he wants to play all the games as they were meant to be seen on his 37" RGB monitor and will post his list of all his RGB modded systems that he seems to post on every video gaming forum known to mankind.
system64

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:

Lo,, I have heard of those, jerk. But tell me, in your infinite wisdom, have you heard of a sub notebook or ultraportable with a paralel port? .

you should look for an old Toshiba Libretto. It's an ultra portable laptop and has parallel port in docking station. But docking station is very thin and can be assembled to the unit

http://www.urban75.org/tech/toshiba-libretto-50-pc.html
madman

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, you helped him out. Be prepared for 30 more questions from him now.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
Oh boy, you helped him out. Be prepared for 30 more questions from him now.

Followed by the inevitable useless comments from madman that have nothing to do with the original topic. No thanks
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old Librettos were really awesome. Best handheld PC I ever used. That was one of the first systems we got FUSION PC working on (old Mac emulator). While they shipped with DOS and could (just barely) run Windows 95, MacOS 7 ran like a dream on it. Cool

You would need to watch eBay for one of these things... the current Libretto models are WAY expensive. Especially when you get the dock, external floppy, ethernet adapter, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: