ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatibility with Mega CD 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Compatibility with Mega CD 1 Reply with quote

I have a Japanese Mega Drive 1, Mega CD 1 with v1.00 BIOS and 32X. What I'm looking to use this cart for is to play other region Sega CD software and the unreleased titles like Burning Fist that Good Deal Games released. Will it work?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mega CD1 is known to not read CD-R discs. I've heard some actually will but alot will not. Updating the MegaCart can be done by the PC programmer tool if you buy that with it. Since you want to use it to play other region Sega CD games you should be able to do that just fine. The Burning Fist game should work assuming it is on a factory pressed CD-ROM and not a CD-R. But that is due to your Mega CD1. Everything should work if you can pickup a MegaCD2. MegaCart is tested and working on japanese Megadrive model 1 and MegaCD model 1. But it's just the CD-R reading that is in question.You don't need that to play factory made imports though.
Anonymouse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got 3 Mega CD 1's and they all work with CDRs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: