ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snes help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elios_kenni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Snes help Reply with quote

Not sure how to ask this. But I am getting a cartridge that has final fantasy V on it. In english, so it once was a blank cartridge. I was wondering if I want to put another game on it what would I need to get to do that?
eludevisibility

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably just going to need new EEPROMs with whatever game you do want burned to it. The hard part is done.
elios_kenni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright so what necessarily is an eeprom?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cartridge you are getting is either a Flash Cartridge that just had FF5 programmed onto the Flash memory, or it is a bootleg cartridge with programmable ROM chips replacing the original MaskROM chips. The cartridge was never "blank". Cartridges are not like CDs or computer files.

Unless the cartridge you are getting is a flash cartridge and you have a programmer for that cartridge, you will not be changing the game ever.

EEPROM, which FlashROM is, means Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory. That means it is a ROM memory chip that can be electrically erased and reprogrammed with new data. Factory made games are not like this. You cannot erase a game and write a new one in its place with factory games.

If you want to play more SNES games like translations, you should buy the Super Flash cartridge from Tototek. Another option would be a copier like the Super UFO or Super Wildcard DX.

eludevisibility, what do you mean the hard part is done? What was the hard part? To change the ROM chips again would be silly plus who knows what the job looks like inside the cartridge, it could be a real mess. Plus if this guy is asking about how to change the game do you really think he should be trying to change the ROM chips himself?

Again I recommend the Super Flash cartridge Tototek makes if you just want to put some various SNES games on a cartridge for you to play on your console.
marvinsaint

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elios_kenni wrote:
alright so what necessarily is an eeprom?

Hello my friend,visit www.ultimate-console.fr and you will take answers.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you revive this dead thread? Please check the date of the thread before replying to it. The person you were replying to likely isn't around anymore and will never read this anyway. Maybe someone else will get use of your reply but as I said, check the date next time. =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: