ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manually editing ROMS for different region

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atreyu187

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Manually editing ROMS for different region Reply with quote

Does anyone know the hexstring on a Turblgrafx 16 ROM so that I can manually hack the ROM to work on my PC DUO-RX???
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Manually editing ROMS for different region Reply with quote

atreyu187 wrote:
Does anyone know the hexstring on a Turblgrafx 16 ROM so that I can manually hack the ROM to work on my PC DUO-RX???

This was already done with a disc called, "Super Hu Card".

see here:

http://www.zeograd.com/super_hucard_download.php
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use uCON64. I checked uCON's source to find the string, but the memory replacing function's arguments aren't self explanatory and the function itself isn't easy to track down. You can try replacing 0x29,40,F0 with 0x29,40,80 for all instances in the first 32K, but there might be more to it..
atreyu187

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will giv ethat a go. I think I have got the region lock out done though. I ordered a PCB to bypass the region protection in the PCEngine!!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the PCB for? To actually play TGX Hucards you need to mirror the data bits, but to just bypass protection you'll either have to crack the games or solder one pin inside the console.
atreyu187

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PCB is for originals to play different region games my friend.
haynor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried running US games on PC Engine CoreII but even with crack function from ucon64 still games doesn't work. Any advise ?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCE and TG16 have a "region" setting. No Japanese games check this setting. But lots, maybe all US games do check the region. The solution is to modify your PCE to have this region bit changed to make US games happy.

Basically there are two things with PCE region protection. The bit that software can check which only US games do. And then the physical pinout change on the cartridge connector. To play Japanese games on a US system you just need an adapter. The reverse requires you to make that modification to your system's region setting. I don't have a guide for it though but it can be done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: