ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

maybe a stupid question but what type is the best in your ey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vincenttor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: maybe a stupid question but what type is the best in your ey Reply with quote

well i al planning to buy a flash card drive for my snes.

now i stumbled on a website were i found the super ever drive thats 75 dollars

and i found another one that does has a casing but is 155 dollar the one from retrozone

http://www.retrousb.com/oscthumb.php?src=qZrewuGW5JDtn9bU6qDoxuyh0szZpN7C5p2fy-qY&w=240&h=165&f=jpg&q=95&hash=6376cb85e378870f3c4632a4708af13b

now im not really into it so i was hoping i could get some opinions or experiences

thnx
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RetroUSB one at that price I believe includes DSP1 support for games like Mario Kart. The EverDrive cart as you said often is sold without any plastic case and you must get your own and cut a hole in it for the SD card.

Depending on your needs will determine the best SNES product for you. EverDrive is cheaper than the PowerPAK, uses SD cards rather than CF cards. PowerPAK comes with a plastic case, uses SDRAM rather than Flash, and can support the 96 megabit Star Ocean hack.

If you just want to play the usual bunch of games, the EverDrive will probably work out cheaper for you and get the job done alright. It is possible to install a DSP1 in the EverDrive which would put it almost on par with the PowerPAK. I can't really explain to someone just wanting to play ROMs on the console why I prefer the PowerPAK since it's really just a few perks that you probably won't miss. The biggest thing really is if you buy the EverDrive without a case you'll have to handle that yourself but if you can you save money. I'm sure you can buy it with a case somewhere but it will probably cost you 10 to 15 dollars more putting it somewhat closer to the PowerPak in cost. I haven't used the EverDrive cart personally but from what I know there are a few games that won't work that do work on the PowerPAK, but they are all obscure Japanese titles.
vincenttor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the detailed explanation motzilla,

well ill just wait 2 more weeks and ill buy the powerpak then.
the game i allmost love the most is mario kart, in fact i bought all the consoles except the nintendo wii that has mario kart for it Smile

i have a pro fighter but this is much much better solution and contains allot more games Smile
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be certain when you order your PowerPAK that it says it comes with DSP1 installed. I think nowdays they all do but check to be sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: