ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preferred flash carts in general?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loogs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Preferred flash carts in general? Reply with quote

Hello!

My physical game collection is reaching an absurd level @ almost 3K titles. I am finally turning to flash carts to help manage my gaming.

I've decided on the NES and SNES PowerPaks from RetroUSB and I'm trying to find a Z64 at the moment, but maybe I could get some recommendations for other systems?

Which flash carts do you prefer for the Genesis? The Everdrive seems to be a good one, any thoughts? How about the GameBoys? I'd appreciate any input on other trusted flash carts for any other systems as well. Thanks for your time Very Happy
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverDrive is good for a massive collection on one cartridge. There is a N64 flash cartridge coming, so wait for that, don't waste money on a Z64. For Gameboy the best thing is the USB 64M SmartCard.
Loogs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
There is a N64 flash cartridge coming, so wait for that, don't waste money on a Z64

That's actually great to hear! Do you know who's making it or where any info about it can be found?

Thanks for the heads-up on the GameBoy flash. Gonna go ahead and place an order for one of those and an EverDrive.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see a topic about the N64 cart here: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30265

Basic features:
- 64mbytes SDRAM (this will hold any image ever made)
- Full save emulation (EEPROM 4k, 16k, SRAM, FlashRam)
- Load images FAST (9 mbyte/second)
- NO software needed. Loads off plain FAT32 formatted card.
- USB for homebrewers

CF memory cards like used in the PowerPAK are used. I think the estimated price was around 150$.
Loogs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is a real-deal flash cart. Definitely high quality. Gonna be a day-one purchase for me. Thanks again for tuning me into this!

Next batch of EverDrive MD carts @ Stone Age Gamer will have the SMS tactile/pause button once again, I'm gonna wait for one of those guys.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
For Gameboy the best thing is the USB 64M SmartCard.

There seriously needs to be an updated Gameboy/Gameboy color flash cart that accepts CF, or microSD, as 64mb is just way too small (especially when you factor in Gameboy Color games).
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually someone might do that. But unless you plan to do it yourself the only thing you could do would be to put money toward the development of such a product.
danntor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
Eventually someone might do that. But unless you plan to do it yourself the only thing you could do would be to put money toward the development of such a product.

How much would something like that roughly cost?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. It would depend on finding someone with the required knowledge and skills first who will agree to develop the product for you which you will then need to pay him/her for their services as well as fund whatever R&D costs end up being. But the point is with enough money you could certainly hire someone to do this. But it would be a significant amount of money that you would need to actually have the product produced not just for you but for alot of people whom you'd sell it to in hopes of recovering some or all of your investment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: