ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about UFO Super Drive Pro 8.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Questions about UFO Super Drive Pro 8. Reply with quote

I finally got one (whoohoo they were back in stock). Now I have just a couple questions.

1. How do I get back to the main menu of the Super Drive, once the game has started?
(will be needed in order to take a screen shot, a feature that the Super Drive has, or to perform "real-time save" which the the Super Drive also supports)

It support 2 cheat coded functions (X-Terminator and Gold Finger). I need to know what format to use to enter these cheats. Is it:

AAAADDDD (game genie style code)

or

AAAAAADD (pro action replay style code)
?

(where A or D is a hex digit, and A is for memory address, and D is for data).
system64

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HYPER MODE:
L + R + SELECT = X-T CHEAT CODE ( ON / OFF )
L + SELECT = 1/2 SPEED ( slow motion on / off )
R + SELECT = 1/3 SPEED ( slow motion on / off )
L + START = Real Time Saved
R + START = Resume Real Time saved Point.
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

system64 wrote:
HYPER MODE:
L + R + SELECT = X-T CHEAT CODE ( ON / OFF )
L + SELECT = 1/2 SPEED ( slow motion on / off )
R + SELECT = 1/3 SPEED ( slow motion on / off )
L + START = Real Time Saved
R + START = Resume Real Time saved Point.

Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Also can you explain to me what the format is that the X-T (X-Terminator) cheat codes take?

One more question then. How do I make it take a screenshot so I have something to view in its built in image viewer?
sonofx51

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never used the screenshot function, but the cheat codes are Pro Action Replay codes.
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonofx51 wrote:
I never used the screenshot function, but the cheat codes are Pro Action Replay codes.

Ok, thanks.

You do know HOW to make it take a screenshot right (even if you never used it)? Is a screenshot taken at the moment you make a real-time save point?
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.

I spent 10 dollars more for the UFO Super Drive Pro 8 INSTEAD of the Super Drive Pro 7, ENTIRELY because of the screenshot ability that the Super Drive Pro 8 DID have but the Super Drive Pro 7 did NOT have. Now I've wasted 10 dollars of my money if SOMEONE doesn't tell me how to take a screenshot. Please tell me how to take a screenshot with it. You need to realize that my Super Drive Pro 8 did NOT come with a manual.
sonofx51

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videogamer555 wrote:

Ok, thanks.

You do know HOW to make it take a screenshot right (even if you never used it)? Is a screenshot taken at the moment you make a real-time save point?

I don't remember, it's been a couple of years since I owned one. I thought you would just do a real time save and then use the MAG viewer to see the screen shot. I used it one time, I never had a reason to use it.
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonofx51 wrote:
Videogamer555 wrote:

Ok, thanks.

I don't remember, it's been a couple of years since I owned one. I thought you would just do a real time save and then use the MAG viewer to see the screen shot. I used it one time, I never had a reason to use it.

But how do you exit the game to get back to the interface to use the viewer? Isn't the real-time save erased when you turn off the power (the only way I know of to get back to the main menu)?
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Videogamer555 wrote:
bump.

I spent 10 dollars more for the UFO Super Drive Pro 8 INSTEAD of the Super Drive Pro 7, ENTIRELY because of the screenshot ability that the Super Drive Pro 8 DID have but the Super Drive Pro 7 did NOT have. Now I've wasted 10 dollars of my money if SOMEONE doesn't tell me how to take a screenshot. Please tell me how to take a screenshot with it. You need to realize that my Super Drive Pro 8 did NOT come with a manual.

Well, guess what? Due to a lack of due-diligence on your part, your out $10. As far as I recall, the super UFO 8 can read *.PCX files (screen-shots/images you make yourself), but won't take them for you. So instead of yelling at people for not getting you a manual (No one owes you anything), just give up because it doesn't do it. Chalk it up to a miss translation in the Chinese, or just a blatant lie (I don't remember what the Chinese manual says) but there is no screenshot function.
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenton_net wrote:
Videogamer555 wrote:
bump.

Well, guess what? Due to a lack of due-diligence on your part, your out $10. As far as I recall, the super UFO 8 can read *.PCX files (screen-shots/images you make yourself), but won't take them for you. So instead of yelling at people for not getting you a manual (No one owes you anything), just give up because it doesn't do it. Chalk it up to a miss translation in the Chinese, or just a blatant lie (I don't remember what the Chinese manual says) but there is no screenshot function.

Actually it's MAG image viewer (NEC PC-98 format). I already have a converter to make MAG images, but I don't know the size of the image this viewer expects or the number of colors it expects. I've tried 256x224 at 16 colors, but it doesn't like my mag files. And when using the "save screen" option which saves to disk whatever is in the image buffer (not sure how to get a screenshot into the image buffer though) it saves an ".scr" file to the disk that when viewed in a hex editor looks NOTHING like a MAG file.
What's going on here?

And PCX loading is a feature of the Game Doctor SF series (not UFO series).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: