ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double Pro Fighter RAM questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skorpinox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Double Pro Fighter RAM questions. Reply with quote

First off, is it possible to upgrade the DPF to 64Mb of RAM? I know the RAM board has space for 8 more chips, but I didn't know if it would be able to use them or not. Also, if it can, what chips does it use in those spots? The 40 pin RAM card that was for sale from ToToTEK used 424400-70 chips, I believe. Would these work or not (the chips that is)? Thanks in advance for any help.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so, the extra pads probably aren't for expanding capacity but to just give a choice of two RAM packages.
Skorpinox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, thanks. I was just curious because of the extra pads and the picture of a DPF box with a mention of 64Mb capability here.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably requires another board but I don't have a DPF handy to verify it, you can if you have a multimeter.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe 64MB DPF exists but the 64MB only works for SNES and not Sega Genesis. Never heard anything about if it was an upgrade or just a later version of the DPF but I remember someone showing one here or on another forum.
Skorpinox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kyuusaku
Yeah, I thought about doing that and probably will to check just in case.

@MottZilla
That wouldn't surprise me (WRT Genesis) as the only game I can think of off the top of my head that used >32Mb was Super Street Fighter II. From back in the day, that is.

Last edited by Skorpinox on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right it is, and it requires a memory mapper setup that would have needed to be added to the DPF to make it work and it wasn't cost effective for 1 game. If other games had used the mapper then maybe they would have done it.

SNES didn't need a memory mapper to map more than 32 megabits. Apparently you can get very close to 96 megabits without one as the Star Ocean hack demonstrates. Ofcourse to be fair the Genesis can have bigger carts if you use up reserved areas and just don't have the Sega CD or Sega 32X present as I recall there are carts bigger than 32 megabits besides SSF2 and don't have a mapper, or atleast games that act like it such as that Ultimate MK Trilogy hack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: