ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double Pro Fighter 24m: MD side works, SNES doesn't?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azathoth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Double Pro Fighter 24m: MD side works, SNES doesn't? Reply with quote

Hi guys;

Ran into a problem with my Double Pro Fighter 24m.

I hadn't used it for SNES stuff in a while and I've got a cart I need dumped. Hooked it up and never could get it to boot, it always either had a black screen or dark blue screen with pixel garbage. Tried cleaning the connectors and reseating the SNES adapter dozens of times. Got frustrated and ended up using my Multi Game Hunter 16m instead.

So I ran into a problem, the cart I need dumped is >16m, so I have to use my DPF. Pulled out some other SNES systems and tried the process again. Eventually, I did get it to work, however when it came on it was showing 0 RAM installed! Then, any command to use the floppy drive would cause it to lock up after mounting the disk, as if the floppy drive was messed up.

So I unhook it and check to make sure the RAM is seated properly (it is). Then I hook it up to my Mega Drive and everything works fine, both the floppy drive and the RAM! Plug it back into my SNES, and it's still messed up with the same errors. I unhook it to try in a different system and it now refuses to boot again, even after dozens of attempts.

The Mega Drive side works fine. Any ideas? Is there any sort of hardware component on the DPF PCB I might need to look into replacing?

-thanks
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I doubt you have one but if you do you should try using another SNES interface cartridge to connect the DPF to the console. Maybe yours is damaged. It's one of few things I can think of that only the SNES side uses.
Azathoth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The connector looked pristine outside but I checked the traces for continuity with a meter just in case. Every pin on both sides worked out fine....

I'll tear into this thing in the coming week to check on the PCB. Maybe I have a loose solder joint where the SNES cart adapter connects to the board.

I find it incredibly strange the Mega Drive side works fine. Those weird errors the one time I managed to get the SNES side working has got me stumped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: