ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Doctor SF7 Help- Disk Error!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chewymushroom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Game Doctor SF7 Help- Disk Error! Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just plugged in my SNES & GD7 after 17 years and i'm trying to load some floppy disks.
I go to "Play Disk" mode click "Load Game" and insert disk. Eventually the word "reading" comes up, followed by a "Disk Error!" (i've taken a photo of it for you guys)

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n628/chewymushroom/SNES/IMG_0459.jpg

I really want to fix this problem and play my floppy disks, can anyone give me some advice please?

thanks,
Amelia Smile
madman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floppy drive belt is probably wrecked. Replace the drive.
wmwc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked to see if other operations that require the drive work? IE: Format, backup etc. The disks could be damaged after such a great deal of time. Unlikely but possible. Also it could of become unplugged, I've had this happen to a few devices that were in storage for a while. Must be the gremlins or something... not sure XD
"There is as much chance of repealing the eighteenth amendment [alcohol prohibition] as there is for a hummingbird to fly to the planet Mars with the Washington Monument tied to its tail." (1930) -Texas Senator Morris Sheppard
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chewymushroom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help guys!

how do i replace a floppy drive?
is there a tutorial for it somewhere?
if not could someone be kind enough to take a photo of their game doctor opened up or teach me how to do it please? Smile

Smile
xox Amelia
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take all the screws out, one hides under a sticker seal. Don't force it open, when all the screws are removed you can take the top off without much force. Discharge your body of any static as when working with any electronics. Disconnect the Gray ribbon cable carefully as well as the power cable. Remove the drive and place a working drive in and plug the two cables into it and put it back together. You might have trouble if the cables aren't long enough to reach the locations of the power and ribbon cable connectors because they are not standardized. If that happens find a drive that has the connectors in a good spot or just see if you can get it all to fit while being careful not to overly bend or stress any wires and don't damage any components in the Game Doctor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: