ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I tested all DSP-1 Games and I have questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
you

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: I tested all DSP-1 Games and I have questions. Reply with quote

I tested all DSP-1 Games with T-connecter and Super air diver.
I can play almost games. but I can't play some games.

These games can't play
Pilot Wings (J) (DSP1 LoRom):I can see games but It is not possible to operate it.
Super 3D Baseball (J) (DSP1 LoRom):I can't see.
Syutoko Battle Racing 94' (J) :I can see games but It is not possible to operate it.
Syutoko Battle Racing 2 (J) :I can see games but It is not possible to operate it.

Is there being possible to play as someone is normal?How about the environment in
being able the normal play?
I have all DSP-1 Games and I back up from original cart by SuperFlash.

bye
DjoeN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel, i would say if you really want to play those few, search e-bay and buy them Smile

I do it for the non working games Smile
The Dumper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Pilot Wings (J) (DSP1 LoRom):I can see games but It is not possible to operate it.

Does Pilot Wings (U) work unmodified? On backup units you need a HiROM DSP cart and a patch for Pilot Wings. Maybe Super Flash is similar? I've got one coming so I should be able to test it soon.

> Super 3D Baseball (J) (DSP1 LoRom):I can't see.

Uses non-standard DSP addresses. Might need a patch, it does for backup units.

> Syutoko Battle Racing 94' (J) :I can see games but It is not possible to operate it.

What DSP cart are you using when you load it? Maybe it needs a DSP1C. Try using a game with a DSP1C as a key cart, like Ballz 3D.

> Syutoko Battle Racing 2 (J) :I can see games but It is not possible to operate it.

Try using Ballz 3D as a key cart.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be useful to be able to play these games on the SuperFlash. So are you saying that hacks will make them compatible?
The Dumper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagasian wrote:
It would be useful to be able to play these games on the SuperFlash. So are you saying that hacks will make them compatible?

Hacks? Please, they're works of art.

> These games can't play
> Pilot Wings (J) (DSP1 LoRom):I can see games but It is not possible to operate it.

Yes, a bug in the Super Flash config no doubt. Tototek needs to fix this one. Pilotwings (U) works fine. Pilotwings (J) doesn't. The Super Flash is probably not passing through the LoROM DSP accesses for Pilotwings (J).

It is probably possible to use the Pilotwings (J) patched for HiROM DSP accesses to run it. I did not make that patch and the one patched ROM I saw IIRC looked like it wasn't patched 100% correctly, but I didn't find any problems with it in brief testing on a backup unit.

> Super 3D Baseball (J) (DSP1 LoRom):I can't see.

I believe this is the same game (different region) as Super Bases Loaded 2 (U). You're right, it has a problem. This game use a DSP1 chip but in a non-standard address range which the Super Flash doesn't map. Super Bases Loaded 2 does work with my HiROM DSP address patch. I'm sure Super 3D Baseball (J) will also work when somebody creates a patch for it. This is a special case game. I would not recommend Tototek attempt to modify the DSP range to get this to work with the original cart. In my opinion it is much better to use the patch. This way we can use one standard HiROM DSP cart for most games instead of having to keep a one of a kind cart around to play it.

deviant has a copy of my Super Bases Loaded 2 HiROM DSP address patch in his Copier section here, http://defaced.co.uk/index.asp?id=copier . He calls it "super bases hirom copier patch". The name is not quite right but this is my patch. Apply it to Super Bases Loaded 2 (U) and you'll be able to use a standard HiROM DSP1 cart (Ballz 3D, Mario Kart, etc.) to play it. Note that this patch is not made for Super 3D Baseball so it probably won't work on that but it should be fairly straighforward to make a patch for Super 3D Baseball as well.

> Syutoko Battle Racing 94' (J) :I can see games but It is not possible to operate it.

Works fine for me using Ballz 3D as a key cart.

> Syutoko Battle Racing 2 (J) :I can see games but It is not possible to operate it.

Works fine for me using Ballz 3D as a key cart.

[Edit] I made a HiROM DSP address patch for Super 3D Baseball and now it works fine (with the patch). I don't think I can attach it to my post here or I would. I'll have to figure out how to distribute it.

[Edit 2] I E-mailed the patch for Super 3D Baseball to the webmaster here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: