ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MD->PS2 converter acts weird

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
system64

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: MD->PS2 converter acts weird Reply with quote

I bought a MegaDrive to PlayStation2 converter from Tototek a while ago.

Unfortunately it does not properly work on my Mega Drive 1 and on my Multimega.

For example when using the converter with my Everdrive the Menu scrolls automatically up and down pretty quick. Same problem occurs in Final Fight CD in the options menu. Furthermore I cannot proper walk in Final Fight. Other games show such effects as well.

I've tested it with an original Sony Dual Shock 1 and Dual Shock 2 controller.

Would be happy about help.
system64

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that the adapter reacts a bit different on 60hz systems. The Everdrive main menu is fine, but for example in the main menu in Castlevania the cursor still moves from itself up and down.
system64

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded a video which shows the problem:
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/692/qqkfnbgtxpmciksjmyeshj.mp4/
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried unplugging, the plugging in the controller while the MD is on? Try that with the PSX controller first, then maybe the converter.

Another thing to check is the mode... maybe the converter doesn't handle the mode the PSX controller is in. You mentioned trying a Dual Shock 1 and 2... try changing it to digital mode. Maybe try a plain digital controller (without sticks or shock).
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm sorry. The adaptor is not 100% have same act as original joypad. A few games will not work well. It is because the problem game read joypad too quick. Like MD Pro menu, it can not work. But I have fixed the problem in v5 menu. My friend Fonz help me for that. He told me that, you must wait after h-blank, then you can read the joypad. Most games use this method, only a few game not.

So, at the moment, I can't help if some games can not work. I already mention on the product page, say it is not 100% work, some games may not work.

So, if you're not accept some games not work, you can return it to me. Thanks.

-Tomy
system64

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy, thanks for your feedback.

I've tried it again in several other games. While it seems to work fine in some games, I still have problems.

Therefore I'd like to return the adapter. Could you please send me a return address and further information. My order is #2578

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: