ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: Super UFO Super Drive Pro 8 - sold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
system64

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: FS: Super UFO Super Drive Pro 8 - sold Reply with quote

The Super UFO Super Drive Pro 8 is a backup unit for the Super NES. It has 34M Memory and DSP. BIOS Ver 8.8C. Games can be loaded from floppy drive.

cheaper shipping method without floppy drive possible.

SOLD

Last edited by system64 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:47 pm; edited 6 times in total
RealTimeSave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try copying one of the problematic ROMS (clean dump version from goodsnes set though) to a floppy within Windows 95 or Windows 98 and load it in the copier and see if it works then. That is what I had to do with my SWC DX and with my friend's SWC DX to get games to work. Otherwise they worked fine through parallel port.

Technical - The Windows NT kernel (used in Windows NT/2k/XP/7/8/8.1) takes full control of the floppy drive from the system so it can cause problems with legacy devices. These video game backup devices were designed primarily compatibility to MS-DOS based computers and as such, Windows 9x kernel runs on top of MS-DOS 7 so DOS still controls the floppy, not the kernel of the GUI.

system64

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealTimeSave wrote:
Try copying one of the problematic ROMS (clean dump version from goodsnes set though) to a floppy within Windows 95 or Windows 98 and load it in the copier and see if it works then. That is what I had to do with my SWC DX and with my friend's SWC DX to get games to work. Otherwise they worked fine through parallel port.

Technical - The Windows NT kernel (used in Windows NT/2k/XP/7/8/8.1) takes full control of the floppy drive from the system so it can cause problems with legacy devices. These video game backup devices were designed primarily compatibility to MS-DOS based computers and as such, Windows 9x kernel runs on top of MS-DOS 7 so DOS still controls the floppy, not the kernel of the GUI.

thanks for your hints. However the graphicel glitches also occur when I play a game on cartridge. Therefore it's not a problem with the roms nor with the RAM. It seems to be a connection issue.
RealTimeSave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be. Maybe it needs some contact cleaner and one of those snes cartridge cleaners run through it a few times. I had a problem with a pro fighter x I bought from tomy's friend's site and replaced the edge connector and it actually turned out to be that the bios chip had fingerprints all over it. I cleaned them off and it works fine now. Except I wasn't having glitches in games though.
system64

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaning the contacts of the edge connector didn't help, so I've dropped the price. I don't have enough time to investigate the problem.

btw, I can ship the unit cheaper without the floppy disk drive.
system64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

price drop Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: