ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LPT to USB Copier Interface Device!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: LPT to USB Copier Interface Device! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

As you may or may not already know, Tore Lundqvist is the designer and creator of the wonderful LPT to USB copier interface device. This device allows your copier to interface with your computer using USB, without any of the slowness or negative side effects which plague typical universal LPT2USB devices. Currently this device only supports Super Wild Card protocol, however with a little help from the RGBA community, Tore has expressed interest in supporting other major copier manufactures as well. If anyone else is interested in these kinds of subjects, I encourage you to join in on the discussion!

https://www.supercom32.net/forums/index.php?/topic/32-official-thread-lpt-to-usb-copier-interface-device/
SpooNMan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool.
Is this something which is currently for sale?

This plus the ability to load roms from a small form factor device with a display (cheap smart phone or tablet) would be really neat.

I currently use an old PC mobo + hdd and CDRom drive (to load roms from a disc I put together back in 1995). The hdd loads up a bat file with DOS and runs a custom made program "snesdiscman" then I can select games sorted by title, date, rom size, etc.. I also utilize a "small" 8" monochrome CRT display which sits under my SNES. Not exactly ideal, but it gets the job done. Razz

Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The design is finished, but the software/firmware for additional copier protocols needs to be implemented. But people working on the project are quite busy with 'real life' stuff, so it might take time to get additional hardware into testers hands and software to go with it.

As for if you can buy this, this isn't for sale yet but it doesn't matter too much. Since the design is all open, anyone can build it for themselves if they don't want to wait for someone else to do it.

EDIT: I should also add that we're always looking for more testers/dev people who are passionate about the project and want to help out. If you're one of those people, I do recommend you register and join in on the conversation. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: