ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

megacd (jp) + genesis (us) combo, compatible with megacart?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalBaton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: megacd (jp) + genesis (us) combo, compatible with megacart? Reply with quote

Hello everyone! first post here. I am a huge Sega fan and I have a question regarding the megacart (I did a lot of research online and couldn't find any info on this setup) :

Can the Megacart allow me to play retail jp MegaCD games on a jp MegaCD(model 1, stock) hooked up to a US Genesis(model 1, stock)?

Right now, the Mega CD doesn't work at all. It won't even boot up. When I power it on it goes straight to a blue screen saying "This is an NTSC compatible Mega-CD for exclusive use in Japan and South East Asia". Tray won't open either(but then again, this is a "junk" unit, so maybe that's why my unit won't open. Still, from what I've read, it's not supposed to open when this message displays. So I have to find a way to get past this lockout).

So basically, my Mega-CD locks when detecting an american Genesis hooked up to it and won't boot. But since the Mega Cart allows to play japanese Mega CD games on an all-american system, I was wondering if it what possible to use the Mega Cart to unlock my setup.

Supposedly, a region mod would allow me to use my jp Mega-CD with my Genesis to play japanese Mega-CD games, but I don't want to mod my Genny Sad Hence why I'm trying to figure out if I can use the Mega Cart to unlock my Mega-CD instead of a mod.
FinalBaton

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: