ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 16-bit system with the best games??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which 16-bit system had the best games?
Snes
70%
 70%  [ 22 ]
Genesis/Megadrive
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Turbografx-16 / PC Engine
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's crazy. Atleast he had a good vote. 13 years later I still think SNES is my favorite. But I do enjoy PC-Engine and Sega Genesis a lot too.
Suppafly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
That's crazy. Atleast he had a good vote. 13 years later I still think SNES is my favorite. But I do enjoy PC-Engine and Sega Genesis a lot too.

hey Mottzilla, glad to see im not alone here lol

I Voted for genesis back in 2003, and I still think its the best! I still play Gunstar Heroes every week Very Happy

Whats your fav snes game? Mine is Ninja Warriors by Natsume

MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's impressive to play it every week. For a stretch of time I used to play Mega Man 2 beginning to end every day.

It'd be hard for me to name my absolute favorite SNES game. Mega Man X, Super Metroid, Castlevania IV, and Donkey Kong Country are what first come to my mind. But there are so many other great games. I did enjoy Ninja Warriors Again on SNES. I recommend playing the Japanese version over the North American version because they censored it.

In the past 13 years I certainly grew to appreciate and discover so many great titles for the Genesis and PC-Engine too. Also more SNES titles too.

For example I found Warsong on the Genesis which led me to discover Langrisser II on Megadrive and also Der Langrisser on Super Famicom. I really enjoyed Der Langrisser.

With the PC-Engine what really drew me into it was Castlevania Dracula X which eventually led to me finding Lords of Thunder/Winds of Thunder for the Super CD-ROM which is just awesome.

Once you've explored the SNES, PCE, and Genesis libraries you can certainly appreciate each system. I'd still probably have to name the SNES my top pick probably because it's what I grew up with.

On a sad side note, my original SNES console that I got brand new in the 90s is no longer 100% functional. One of the two PPU chips has developed a failure inside the chip causing a single line of sprite data to be corrupted which causes lines through all sprites. It's very sad because the system was not abused or stored poorly yet it still ended up with a non-repairable issue. I mean it could be repaired but transplanting PPU chips is not worth the trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: