ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Doctor SF7 advice.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wmwc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean. Portable emulation has always been a bother to me. The NDS emulation support is possibly the worst I'll just stick to PC with ZSNES.

The Sega CD cord, I've never made anything like that before. It seems easy but I don't know. Do you recommend it for a beginner? I took two Electronics courses in DC circuitry at a trade school a few years ago. I made some boards and stuff but I've forgotten a lot of it. I do remember how to solder though.

The GB/GBC dumper is so much money. They are $120-150 dollars from what I've found. There has to be a cheaper solution. Maybe making my own is an option, I don't know yet I'll think about it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6_12&products_id=90

There is the Sega CD Transfer Cable. Out of stock at the moment it appears. You may try emailing or messaging Tomy if there will be more stock soon.

You could try getting a SNES Copier with the Super Smart Card Gameboy adapter as well. I'm sure there are other devices out there and probably some homemade cartridge reader projects but I don't have any experience with them.
wmwc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see that, he posted a guide on how to make it basically. Do you think it would be an easy project?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say, that depends on your skill level. It could be difficult if you aren't used to that sort of thing or if you are it could be extremely easy.
wmwc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I just need a sega controller connector, with a wire and a Parallel connector and open it up, and map the wires of the sega controller to the corresponding pins on the parallel connector? And solder the wires to those connections? That seems easy enough.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the instructions. If its straight wire to wire that's easy. If you feel comfortable doing it, try it out. I think I tried once but it didn't work. Though now I suspect it wasn't my cable but probably the parallel port's operation mode.
wmwc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see. I'll give it a try when I buy a Sega CD. That will be a long time down the road.
Jameskeating

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I need to wait till late September when the Retrode goes up for sale?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: