ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snes Mini/JR and the cic-chip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Snes Mini/JR and the cic-chip Reply with quote

Hi, im new to this and I have a couple of questions regarding the need for a T-connector/cic chip for the snes mini/jr.
This is the last version of the snes that was made and it is completly region free, do I still need a cic-chip/T-connector in order to play some games?
And do I need a T-connector for playing special chipsets like Mariokart?
I am really sorry if these are noob questions that has been answered like a hundred times. But bare with me, im really interested in buying a flashcart, and wpould greatly appreciate some help Very Happy
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is Japan version, right ? Japan or USA version SNES use same cic chip. So, cic161 is ok. I don't think it can run anything without cic chip. So, you need cic or cart on back of t-connector.
Hank

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it is an NTSC version, but it is completly region free, it can play games from eu/jpn/usa straight outta the box.
Does this make a difference, I mean if it is region free it shouldent matter wich cic ship I use, right?
Or it could mean that games dont even need a cic ship to play?
Well im just speculating, but if somebody knows for sure that would be great.
Im really new to this, but the cic ship is a chip that locks you out if it doesnt match the chip in the console right?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your SNES was disabled the lockout chip. http://www.gamesx.com/importmod/sneslockout.htm , if yes, then no need CIC chip for running game.
The Dumper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tomy is right and somebody disabled the lockout on your SNES. Where did you get it? I think you might be confusing the SNES with the NES. I seem to remember stories about the last versions of the NES not requiring a lockout but as far as I know all SNESes needed a lockout as shipped from Nintendo.

If you can run a PAL cart without using an adapter and you can run an NTSC cart without using an adapter, you shouldn't need a CIC chip (probably because your SNES has had the CIC modification referenced by Tomy). Have you tried this?

You will need a T-Connector (with DSP1 cart plugged in) to play DSP1 games on your Super Flash because that's the only way the SNES gets access to the DSP1 chip when using a Super Flash (there is no DSP1 chip on the Super Flash).
Hank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off let me thanks everybody that answered.
I have a picture of the system, but I dont know how to add one?
DaveGeorge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also heard that the last edition of the snes Jr were totally regionfree so I don't think it's been modified.

By the way; Hello I'm new here, I ordered my superflash earlier this week, so I might bother you all with some rookie-questions later on (unless I can find the answer by searching the forum).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: