ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugs found with Superflash Cart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Bugs found with Superflash Cart Reply with quote

I found bugs in some games using the superflash cart and was wondering if I was the only one getting them. These are the ones I found so far:

Megaman X (U) (V1.0) [!].smc - After getting the speed upgrade from Chill Penquin's stage, you lose it as soon as you leave the stage i.e. if you choose another robot to fight you do not have the speed upgrade. You can however go back to Chill Penquin's stage and get it again. As well, after beating any monster, sometimes you start off at the VERY beginning of the game when you are going through the city.

Megaman X (U) (V1.1) [!].smc - Same error as above

Mortal Kombat (U) [!].smc - Background is garbled in two stages, Sonia's sprite is garbled

Does anyone else get these bugs, or is it a problem with my superflash cart or roms or snes?
FloBo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there defenately ARE some bugs.
I got the problem with screwed up tiles in Secret of Mana (PAL). There, the Introduction-backgrounds were slightly screwed and in the very first battle, color-palettes were looking quite flashy. And NO, the Rom was not corrupt...
dbjh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bugs found with Superflash Cart Reply with quote

The problem with Megaman X is a "known" one. You can read about a workaround here. That text was meant for SWC users, but the problem seems to be caused by some weird copy protection in the game. It's not really strange that a copy protection can be found in version 1.1 if 1.0 has one too.

I don't know about Mortal Kombat. Are you sure the ROM dumps are correct? If yes, how?
syd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I figured out the Mega Man X problem you just need to use uCON64 to crack it. For anyone who doesn't know how to do this this is what i did:

1. Renamed the rom to "MegaMan.smc" (or anything without spaces)
2. Put it in the uCon64 directory (of course)
3. From command prompt type "uCON64 -k MegaMan.smc"

I've beat all the robots and have all the power-ups without any problems. I'll look into the problem with Mortal Kombat. Thanks dbjh!
dbjh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. A slight correction is in order though. I referred to the uCON64 FAQ, because there's also another way to be able to play it, without cracking it. And I didn't want to spell it out.

syd wrote:
1. Renamed the rom to "MegaMan.smc" (or anything without spaces)

If the file name contains spaces you can use double quotes. For example:
ucon64 -k "Megaman X (U) (V1.0) [!].smc"

syd wrote:
2. Put it in the uCon64 directory (of course)

Actually, that's not necessary :-) If it's not in the uCON64 directory you just have to specify the path to it. Say the file is in c:\snesroms. Then you can type:
ucon64 -k "c:\snesroms\Megaman X (U) (V1.0) [!].smc"

syd wrote:
3. From command prompt type "uCON64 -k MegaMan.smc"

Okay, I'm nitpicking, but the caps aren't necessary here -- saves a key stroke ;-) If you really want to avoid typing try the frontend (uf-FOX).

syd wrote:
I'll look into the problem with Mortal Kombat.

Thanks.
syd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After testing Mortal Kombat further I got it working properly. To get rid of the graphical glitches, I ran it through uCON64 doing the same thing as above, except using the -l option instead of -k. The -l option gets rid of the slowROM checks (apparently Mortal Kombat is a fastROM).

@FloBo: Try doing this with Secret of Mana. Hopefully it should fix your graphical problems as well!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking those games really shouldn't be necessary. Do you use a PAL SNES? That may be the cause of the latency problems
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out for me that running NTSC games ( after slowrom fix, pal fix checksum fix ) is much easier on my PAL SNES than using PAL ROMs ...
syd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cracking those games really shouldn't be necessary. Do you use a PAL SNES? That may be the cause of the latency problems

Well I'm in Canada and got my SNES around when it first came out so I'm 99.9% sure that I've got a NTSC SNES. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: