ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having serious problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FloBo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Having serious problems... Reply with quote

Hello. The board got hacked, so I have to rewrite my post:

I'm having a problem with my SuperFlash. Until recently, I was able to put new games onto my Cart and I was abled to read games from other Carts, I bought.
Now, I still can play the games that are currently flashed on my Cart but I cannot read or write any Cart anymore (no matter if I put my Flash-cart or another one onto my Writer...).

The Super Flasher software always tells me:

CART INFO

1)
TYPE: LOROM
ROM SIZE: 256MBit
SRAM SIZE: 262144KBit

I read a post of another customer of Tototek (before the Forum got hacked...) who had the same problem like me, but he was never actually able to write or read with his Hardware. The solution to his problem was, that his parallel-cable was defect. When he got a new one, it all worked properly.

So my question is: can it be, that my Cable went bust even though I didn't divert it from its intended use? I mean, I wanna flash it again and can't even read it at the moment.

Can anybody help me, please?
stuntman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same cart info that I got when I first tried with the wrong type parallel cable, so obviously the flasher and PC couldn't communicate. However, you've had yours working before so that's not the problem, but as you already seem to suspect, your lead may be faulty.
FloBo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... is there noone of Tototeks' staff who can give me professional advice?! Hellooo?! Anyone out there?!^^
segabob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: same thing Reply with quote

I had the same problem you described with my MDpro and the problem was the GOOD cable going bad.
I got a new one and it worked great.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flobo :
Still have problem ? You need to check your cable and need to set your PC with EPP mode from bios.
FloBo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm still having this problem. EPP is enabled in my BIOS, but I'll go get a new cable tomorrow and then try again. I'll post again, when having tested that as well.

so long, flobo.
FloBo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news, tomy. Just tried my new cable and it still doesn't work. Still got the same wrong things on my screen.
What am I gonna do now? Send my Super Flash back to Tototek? Sad
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problems, and it turned out to be that the parallel port on my laptop didn't work well. So I tried another desktop PC, and it worked great. Make sure that you have administrator privileges, the USB power cable connected, etc...
FloBo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again there.

Haven't had much time recently. But I'm still having that stupid problem with my cartridge-reader/writer. Again my question: what shall I do now? I know the Cable, LPT1-port AND the cartridge itself are not broken. Is there a chance to get a new one if I send mine back to you, Tomy??
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

Does anyone remember exactly what brand of cable the other person bought to fix their problem? I seem to remember it was a rather expensive brand, but I may be mixing and confusing posts...

-Rob
FloBo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.... well perhaps I found the reason for my Cartridge-writer to be broken. It worked with my old motherboard which only had USB 1.1. Since I use my new Mobo, with USB 2.0, it has refused to work. Has the newer version of USB a higher voltage so it could damage the writer?!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB voltage is either 3(.3)V or 5V, no higher, the writer works with 5V, it's not very easy to damage the device with USB power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: