ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone ever used this or know its compatibility?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rippin snare

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Anyone ever used this or know its compatibility? Reply with quote

Hi,

just recieved my super flash last week however have an issue regarding it. My computer is so new that I have no parallel port on it Confused so am SOL on getting games to the cart without always having to run over to my girlfriends computer. At first I didn't mind in the excitement however it has gotten old real quick and I am finding it a pain in the ass especially since I would like to test many games out one after the other.

My only alternative is to get a PCI based parallel port card. The only one I can seem to find local is this one by Lavalink.

http://www.lavalink.com/index.php?id=247

Anyone ever used one of these and know if they are finicky or reliable? I am hoping for compatibility as I don't want to spend the money on this i/o card which is rather expensive for what it is just to have it not work with the super flash linker. Any info would appreciated. Thanks.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used a Lavalink card but they've been brought up many times on different copier forums, it should do what you need if you can put it at 378h.
Memblers

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's more I/O cards at http://newegg.com/. They ship pretty quick (not quite local pickup, but hey)
Probably can get one cheaper there, but I don't know which one to recommend.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I live in Canada and Newegg will have nothing to do with anyone outside of the US. In Canada the lavalink is the only one I can find.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any pci lpt card will work i think as long as it supports ecp/epp.

I got a few pc's and in all i have installed pci lpt cards, all differebt kind, but all can do ecp/epp and all work fine with my flashcarts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: