ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: HELP! Reply with quote

Hi,
I don't know very much about this but I would like to learn. This is all I know. My friend who lived in Hong Kong in 1996 brought back some "doktor" expansion for his Super Nintendo and it allowed him to put floppy disks, like you'd use on a computer, with games on them and they played like the cartriges. I have lots of Super Nintendo roms on my computer. I would like to buy one of those "doktor" expansions so I could use them with the system.

Which one do I get? Is it the SF3 or SF7 or what? And also, how do I use it? Can I just copy my roms to floppy disks and put them into the system and it works? Are there certain games that won't work with certain systems? Is there one system that works for everything? If not, are there expansions?

Also, I see there's ones for Gamecube and N64 now too. Do those work the same way as the SF3 (you just copy the roms to a disk and put it in and it works)? Thanks!
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legally, you can only do this if you own the original cartridge for the rom.

That said, the sf7 is your best bet. Don't do illegal things. Smile

-Rob
blah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the difference between sf7 with 32 M and sf7 with 64 M. I know what it means but how is the 64 M one better? Is it faster? Is it smoother? anything really different? Or does it just play a different kind of game? Also, could I just get a sf3 and get the converter for it to be from sf3 to sf7? Thanks.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it holds more in memory. Gives you more room to work with for larger games and such.

-Rob
blah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this system copies my super nintendo cartriges into floppy disk copies. I read about this CD ROM adapter, how would that work any differently? I could just put lots of my super nintedo games onto a CD ROM disk instead of just one game per floppy disk? Is that how it works or what? And do you know where I could get one?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're asking where to buy an apple in a grocery store, Tototek sells Game Doctors. Before you move on to CDROMs, better stick with floppy operation, you need to understand that first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: