ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM Drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM Drive Reply with quote

The schematics are out there, so why not make Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM drives to sell to people that don't want to make their own?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it'd be in Tototek's best interest since it'd rely too much on other people's products (MKE CDROMs would have to be sourced and purchased likely online, cases/switching PSU would have to be bought) if it were to be a reasonable job, it'd also need a PCB which alone probably wouldn't be worth the money. If Tototek made a PCB that fit a specific enclosure, they'd probably have to stick with that enclosure unless it was glued in place or something, it just seems a bit much to ask.

Sort of related:
https://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1082

There was another thread too where I had other reasons why selling a bare PCB was rediculous but the thread has vanished with Doctorbackup's posts.

PS Sorry that I speak nothing but discouragement, nobody needs to listen to me

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:

PS Sorry that I speak nothing but discouragement, nobody needs to listen to me

I always listen to you Very Happy

I'm a big fan of everything you say, unless it goes against my opinion Very Happy
(Just kidding Wink )
DjoeN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er
WTF

Nevermind...

bigjohn6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM Drive Reply with quote

don't be a skinflint !! source and buy original bung cd7's like the rest of us.....only teasing!!!!! Laughing regards....john
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can you even get a Game Doctor SF CD-ROM? I've never seen any for sale anywhere, or that Game Station SNES&SF7 in one. I'd love to get a CD unit for my GDSF3, but from what I've heard that'd be even harder than finding one for SF6 or SF7.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CD unit is not harder to obtain, the parallel adapter is, I only know of one person with one.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that it's too complicated to build your own? And ya that's what I meant was that cartridge for the parallel. Though I assume finding the drive for the thing isn't that easy either. Sounds to me like it'd be easier buying a SF6 or SF7 and getting the drive than trying to get the stuff for SF3.
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM Drive Reply with quote

you would definately be better getting a gdsf7 and a cd7 but be prepared to hunt a bit for a good cd7 and original bung ones fetch a premium price simply because they are not mega rare but they are not that common either !!! people who have original ones tend to hang on to them......alternatly.....build a clone cd7 yourself if you dont collect originals..........there is plenty of info available to do this....hope this helps........john Wink
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya but as I have a GDSF3, and it's not like the SF7 with CD can play games the GDSF3 can't (exceptions being a few japanese games I don't care about) I don't see the point. Esspecially since I've heard the CDROM doesn't actually give you a GUI. You have to input a number so you need to remember numbers or have a list. It's be easier and maybe as cheap to get a GDSF6 and old laptop to send ROMs from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: