ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No cart Found :(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamIAm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: No cart Found :( Reply with quote

I just got my flashcart in the mail a few hours ago, and now it's time to take my turn at arguing with this thing to get it to work.

The games that came pre-flashed all work fine. However, I can't get my computer to recognize the flashcart.

I'm running an old PC, circa 1996, with Windows 95. Unfortunately, the system does not include a USB port of any kind. I have attempted to get around this by getting my dad's laptop (not much newer) and using its port. As unorthodox as it sounds, I still connect the parallel cable to my main PC. This is because my ROMs are already on there, and because the laptop can't connect to the internet at the moment. So I guess my first question would be whether or not that setup could cause any problems? If the flashcart base only uses the USB port for power, then there shouldn't be any trouble...right?

Also, about the laptop, it's a compaq Embarassed and I can't figure out a way to find out the voltage output of the USB. The bios is inaccessible to me, and I can't get any answers through the device manager. All I can assume is that it's not too much, because the cart still works fine. Anyone know where to look up this info?

Next, I read in another thread that dhaunet got his computer to detect the cart by switching the parallel port to EPP only, instead of EPP/ECP, presumably through the bios. When I went in to do this, I couldn't find an EPP only mode, just EPP/SPP. That also caused another setting to pop up, the name of which escapes me, but the two options for it were 1.7 and 1.9, with the latter being the default. I originally had it set to SPP only. Are there any issues there? Any suggestions?

Finally, I would ask if anything should be done through the device manager. Right now everthing is at a default setting:

Basic configuration 0000
Interrupt Request: 7
Input/Output Range: 0378-037F
Input/Output Range: 0778-077B

If that helps.

So, can anyone lend some advice? Any help is much appreciated. I sure am ready to put this thing to use.
timofonic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USB is only used for power, you can make an adaptor for put a cheap ac to dc converter...
Suppafly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could draw the 5 V power from one of your PS2`s usbs Very Happy Those are 5V exactly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: