ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

documentation for the SMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikemoto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: documentation for the SMS Reply with quote

is there any officially available programming manual?
i have found the SEGA manuals on the net in 2004, but they are stamped "confidentially".
i do not have these files anymore.

however, it is possible to put chips together, for instance once there was a plan for a 68000 SMS cartridge.
a prototype already exists, fits into the module slot perfectly.
all i need is an address map, and then switch into DMA mode (stay there forever).

this project is now discontinued for more than a year. i have even replaced the power regulator inside the SMS , to power the cartridge.
from SEGA all the information available is that they do not offer any documentation/license right now.

i do not want to use unlicensed documentation.

here also a picture

the big advantage of the SMS is that there are only 16 colors, only tiles and 3 tone generator channels. and little work memory.
this "forces" games into cartoon style. and particulary, i prefer that style.

of course it is possible to use such a scheme under DIRECTX, but the feeling will never be the same, and you can not plug it into television.
also, naturally programmers will use megabytes of memory, and large amount of colors.

if this DIRECTX scheme is only implemented strict enough, the SEGA hardware would be completely unneccessary- this is how some patrons will argue.

i do not know myself, but would be happy to hold a reference manual in my hands one day- officially. i already own the AMIGA rom kernel reference- means i am legally entitled to interfere the hardware/rom kernel.

also, previously i believed SEGA was a meaningful japanese company. but i have learned about that they are of american origin.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try here :
http://smspower.org/dev/docs/
We got info from there to make our flash cart. It should be enough info to make flash cart and software development.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SMS-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: