ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Compatibility List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonathansarrail

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Game Compatibility List Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about getting a SuperFlash card as soon as it becomes available again. But is there a compatibility list somewhere? Or at least can you tell me what game doesn't work at all?

Thanks
eddie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

64MB Flash cart should play most games, I know the 64mb DX2 copier did.

The problems come into play with bad dumps [b] and hacks [h] ROMs that violate the SNES standard. They run fine on emulators but not a real SNES.

If they have DSP support (I assume they do) we're looking at 99% of valid SNES ROMs.

As for compiling a list...last time I checked there was over 3000 known SNES ROMs in GoodSNES be a long one!
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better to make a list of games that won't work. Those are Bad Hacked ROMs (generally obvious as they are not a good rom dump and often have a bad internal checksum) and games that use special coprocessor chips.

These games with by SA-1, SuperFX, C4, etc. Games to note would be Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X2 and X3, Star Fox, all SuperFX (3D polygon) games, Star Ocean, Street Fighter Alpha 2. There are more.
eddie

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
It's better to make a list of games that won't work. Those are Bad Hacked ROMs (generally obvious as they are not a good rom dump and often have a bad internal checksum) and games that use special coprocessor chips.

These games with by SA-1, SuperFX, C4, etc. Games to note would be Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X2 and X3, Star Fox, all SuperFX (3D polygon) games, Star Ocean, Street Fighter Alpha 2. There are more.

Is there anyway to get these games that use special chips to work? Can't you get the required chips from a cart and use them?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you could use the original chips but you would still need to make a board like the T-connector for each of the chip types where the Super Flash is plugged into to supply the ROM.

The SA-1 expansion would need to use MD-Pro instead though since it has a 16-bit data bus ;)
eddie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
Yes, you could use the original chips but you would still need to make a board like the T-connector for each of the chip types where the Super Flash is plugged into to supply the ROM.

The SA-1 expansion would need to use MD-Pro instead though since it has a 16-bit data bus Wink

Now that's an interesting expansion product.

So it would have to be a custom board, Tommy could make them. Hunting the chips down maybe hard though. You probably have to solder them off which can be tricky Sad

Be nice to see diagrams of the different boards and where these special chips are located. I have a Yoshi's Island and Mario RPG cart...sold Star Fox and all MegaMan X's a while ago.
eddie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind found a great site w/ pics and games that use the chips.

http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/INFO/chipinfo.htm
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie wrote:
kyuusaku wrote:

The SA-1 expansion would need to use MD-Pro instead though since it has a 16-bit data bus Wink

Now that's an interesting expansion product.

So it would have to be a custom board, Tommy could make them. Hunting the chips down maybe hard though. You probably have to solder them off which can be tricky Sad

Be nice to see diagrams of the different boards and where these special chips are located. I have a Yoshi's Island and Mario RPG cart...sold Star Fox and all MegaMan X's a while ago.

This would be nice, as I am trying to find a way to play Star Ocean (translated to English) on my SNES system and SuperFlash Cart
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That won't happen; the only way to play translated Star Ocean on a SNES is to use Neviksti's hack for GDSF7s. His hack is packed into 96M which is larger than even what the SNES allocates for ROM, so his code relies on GDSF7's bankswitching registers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: