ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to change, The Ultimate Megadrive copier.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mur di Aries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Time to change, The Ultimate Megadrive copier. Reply with quote

Well, I belive Tototek needs to make the move.
It is true, maybe the price will go up, but in the end, the users who buys it for a 70$ would spend also 120€ for it.

And again, except from the fact I personally dislike the working method of them, why anyone here talks about Neo-Team? I'll tell you.

New Ahead Development Ideas.

Let's face it, future is not that crappy (and way too hard to find in most common motherboards) Parallel port. Or those time limited (memory worned out) RAM carts.

We need SD card support with USB connection, as well as a SCD RAM cart. Everyone really in will of buying something worth, would give you 150$ for this, because this would be THE Megadrive copier.
Fast, powerful and easy to use.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy will need a USB expert for his team before any such things could go forward. Otherwise, the research may take him a very long time. Working with parallel vs. USB is like the difference between apples and oranges, to use an old cliche.

-Rob
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that it's probably easier to make a cartridge with RAM in it as well as a CF (Compact Flash) memory card slot than to use things like USB or SD cards. CF from what I understand isn't as tricky or painful to work with as SD.

I think mainly what you are looking for (I am looking for this too) is something with mass storage capability and unlimited use with no PC required. I too would like something like that. While FlashROMs do take hundreds of thousands of flashes to die, I'd rather have RAM (which probably writes alot faster) which lasts forever unless damaged. Basically you limited to misc backup devices that probably require a floppy or pc parallel connection. However "Fonzie" of genny4ever.net is working on a "MegaCart". It is a 32 MegaBit flash cartridge for Genesis. However it is designed so that you can program it not only with a PC connected programmer, but your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive can program it if you have a SegaCD attached. So then whenever you want to change ROM you could just load the CD with your ROMs and pick whichever one you want to flash to the cartridge. You could even flash whatever game you want using your home system before going somewhere with your Nomad system. Check it out here. http://www.genny4ever.net/megacart

The only thing better in my opinion would be a cartridge containing 32MBits of RAM with a small Flash or Mask/PROM containing a bios to load your roms off a CF memory card inserted into your cartridge. You could just buy a decent size CF memory card and keep all your games in 1 cartridge. I'd buy something like that for any and ever console it would be available for.
Mur di Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are Right, that's the way.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if only one of us had a clue how to design and produce something like that. I really wish I did, but I don't know much of anything about electronic design. I wouldn't mind learning for something like this.
Mur di Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet tototek has many friends out there, that could help with this! Wink
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys didn't notice, the Megacart will be (is) a Tototek product. Fonzie wrote the softare, Tototek is behind the hardware.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I didn't notice that. That's pretty sweet. These available yet?

-Rob
Xenepp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you guys didn't notice, the Megacart will be (is) a Tototek product. Fonzie wrote the softare, Tototek is behind the hardware.

It still doesn't support mass storage without a Mega CD bolted on though does it?

Doesn't it bother you that a 17 year old device like a Super Magic Drive trumps the latest offerings with a floppy disk drive?

-Joel
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Super Magic Drive is HUGE. You might as well have the Sega CD attached. I know I'd rather have a 600mb+ CD-ROM to load games from than Floppy disks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: