ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Megacart and MegaLD games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlcice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Megacart and MegaLD games Reply with quote

I noticed that the US MegaLD is listed as one of the supported models at the bottom of the Megacart page. Does this mean that the Megacart enables playing foreign MegaLD games? Or just CD games?

In another thread, Fonzie mentioned that the Megacart "can't run up to 24MEg" games, but the size listed is at the top of the Megacart page is "up to 24MEG." Does this mean that 24M games are incompatible, or that anything above 24M is incompatible?
fonzie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vlcice,

A user reported that the megacart worked on his MegaLD (so he could play region free megacd/segacd games). He did not mention about MegaLD discs however, I doubt it will work.

As usual, same problem we had about the wondermega... I don't know if the user tested lot of games nor checked for stability of the megacart on megaLD... sorry, I confirm anything.

The megacart can let you play 24MEG games, sure. Also, using the computer megacart.exe, you can flash up to 30MEG (as far as i remember), but you loose/overwrite the "play any region disc AND backup your megacd ram" features.

Thank you for the interest.

Fonzie
Vlcice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, thank you. That's too bad, Japanese LD compatibility would have been nice since there were a lot of foreign-only releases. It seems I'm in a poor position for compatibility, since my current system's an X'eye!
fonzie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A japanese or usa Xeye?

Recently, we made some experimentations with some megacart users and Xeyes/wondermega, I think we got a stable Megacart to play Japanese games on a USA xeye.

I'll have to check again my previous discussions.
Vlcice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA X'eye. That's great to here! With only 8M ROMs being usable on an X'eye without the parallel adapter, though, I'd still be concerned about not getting all features.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlcice wrote:
USA X'eye. That's great to here! With only 8M ROMs being usable on an X'eye without the parallel adapter, though, I'd still be concerned about not getting all features.

you can only use 8mb ROMS on a USA X'eye?
fonzie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,

You have in that way :
1 meg (xeye fix)
1 meg (user free)
2 meg (user free)
4 meg (user free)
8 meg (user free)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: