ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just bought a megacart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxwell7301

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: I just bought a megacart Reply with quote

Hi,

I just went to the site genny4ever.net, and bought a Megacart with the computer adaptor for 85 USD using Paypal. I also emailed Sales@tototek.com I have a USA model Genesis Version 2 with a Sega CD version 2.

I successfully bought and received a Super Flash Cart a few years ago, and I still love it, it's amazing.

Was I supposed to pay for shipping? The website did not make me pay for shipping.

Please let me know if and when you send out this order, and if the megacarts are even available at all.

I'm in the process of playing Lunar: Eternal Blue for Sega CD on an emulator, and would like to upload my save file to a real Sega CD system, sometime before I finish the game.

The megacart will allow me to do this, right?
fonzie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi maxwell,

Yes, price is shipping included.

"I'm in the process of playing Lunar: Eternal Blue for Sega CD on an emulator, and would like to upload my save file to a real Sega CD system, sometime before I finish the game.
The megacart will allow me to do this, right?"

The current megacart.exe don't support computer>megacart>megacd for megacd saves... Only support the other direction (megacart>computer).

I have a never released megacart.exe update that have this feature... But I never tested it because no printer port here, if you're interested, just PM me, i'll send it to you.

See ya,

and enjoy!
Maxwell7301

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a PM. I'm perfecly willing to try an untested megacart.exe file.

The megacart appears to use .brm files in some way, since the software download had some files with that extension in the "backups" folder.

My Lunar save is a .brm file. In the unreleased and untested megacart.exe, is there an extra option in the "send" menu to dump a .brm file to the megacart?

I would use this feature more than any of the others if it can work.

Also, I'm still impressed by the megacart simply for the region-free capabilities, and that functions as a Ram cart. Original Sega ram carts are hard to find in the USA, I've never actually seen one.

Being able to flash Genesis/Megadrive games is an extra bonus, and I'll buy an MD-Pro if I ever need extra space or Sram support.
Maxwell7301

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my Megacart, and it works amazingly well for everything that it's supposed to do. I'm very happy with the hardware.

The untested debug software that Fonzie sent me did not work for uploading a .brm emulator save to the megacart. I wasn't really expecting this to work, since its not an officially tested or supported feature

If I "receive backups", it works just fine. This worked to transfer a Sonic CD save from my Sega CD to my PC. I don't think there is a problem with my computer or parallel port.

Even if try to send the exact same backups, nothing is overwritten, and all saves on the megacart are deleted, appearing as "empty" on the megacart menu. I don't have any important saves on my internal battery or megacart at the moment, so I have nothing to lose in trying this.

I'm not unhappy at all, yet I would certainly like to get my 40 hour Lunar save on the Megacart / Sega CD if this is still possible in any way.

Any response from Fonzie is always appreciated, and I also sent a PM a couple days ago.

What if the feature to upload an emulator .brm save could be added to the utility disc program? If I could burn my Lunar save to a utility disc, and somehow use the disc to transfer the save to the sega cd internal ram or the megacart (doesn't matter which), that would be so awesome.

I've searched the internet for Sega CD utilities such as this, and have found nothing.
sonofx51

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any updates on this feature?
fonzie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thx Maxwell for testing.

Quote:

Even if try to send the exact same backups, nothing is overwritten, and all saves on the megacart are deleted, appearing as "empty" on the megacart menu. I don't have any important saves on my internal battery or megacart at the moment, so I have nothing to lose in trying this.

Yeah... Seems there is a little bug somewhere... I'll try to figure out again :/

Quote:

What if the feature to upload an emulator .brm save could be added to the utility disc program? If I could burn my Lunar save to a utility disc, and somehow use the disc to transfer the save to the sega cd internal ram or the megacart (doesn't matter which), that would be so awesome.

True, so true...

Quote:
any updates on this feature?

I'll take a look again next month. Please, all people interested, PM me.
I did also add GameGenie support, but it has been reported a bit misworking :/ And still no way for me to test or debug.

Thx for ur interest.

Fonzie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: