ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MegaCart & SRAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: MegaCart & SRAM Reply with quote

This is mainly a question for Fonzie, though I'm sure others could answer this. Would it be possible to build an adapter for the MegaCart to add SRAM to it? Either that or some kind of adapter to use the SRAM from a seperate plugged in cartridge with the MegaCart? I don't think the 24M limit is as limiting as the lack of SRAM and just curious if it is possible. All I've heard is that SRAM is typically mapped in after ROM somewhere.
fonzie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plop!
No idea if you can add SRAM to the megacart (while the PCB have sram chipset soldering area if i remember). It will depend if Tomy kept or removed MDPRO sram features from the megacart chipset or not... I'll ask him. And even if it was the case, maybe it require some kind of activation from megacart bios.

Bye

Fonz
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure an adapter could be made that intercepted SRAM and passed ROM access on to the Megacart. An annoyance though is that there are so many save types for MD, you'd either need a ROM menu or DIP switches to set the save type every power on (and another way to I/O saves).
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware some games used EEPROM saving, but the games that use battery backed SRAM, do they really differ that much if at all?

Might as well throw this out there too, are there any Windows Genesis emulators that support Mega Man Wily Wars' EEPROM saving?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
I'm aware some games used EEPROM saving, but the games that use battery backed SRAM, do they really differ that much if at all?
Yeah, there are a handful of ways to do SRAM. None of them use very complex decoding, but still someone'd have to go through all the games to determine compatibility... I think all save types could probably be lumped into 8 options.

MottZilla wrote:
Might as well throw this out there too, are there any Windows Genesis emulators that support Mega Man Wily Wars' EEPROM saving?
Surely, don't ask me which though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: