ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making backups of saved games in original cartridges w/ SF7?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noel

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Making backups of saved games in original cartridges w/ SF7? Reply with quote

Well, The Sf7 finally arrived, And I can't tell whow much I love this little piece of Hard.

I've been tinkering with most of the features, and what I specially like about it is the feature of saving the nvram of the backups to a disk, especially for save files backup purposes.

I've been searching A bit, but I haven't found anything about this, and I suppose it won't be possible:

Is there any way to backup to a disk not an original cartridge, but instead the cartridge's save memory? I have a Final fantasy III that from time to time gives my small surprises in the form of missing savegames. It would be safer to play directly from the a copy of the game in the SF7, but that would mean I'd have to start the game from scratch (one more time)...

So, can a cartridge's save memory be copied to a disk? Many Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, just needed to enter a code which was on the GD7 user's manual.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some copiers have WRITE/READ SRAM from card. I don't remember GD7's menu, but if it has that option then you can do it.
Noel

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have the option. It only has Write BRAM (from copier's BRAM to disk) and Load BRAM (from disk to copier's memory), but with the option "modify game" and a pair of codes the options can be changed to load BRAM from a cartridge into the copier's memory and viceversa, using the options mentioned and with the code entered beforehand.
retrofan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know the codes?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cart->BRAM 10005XXXXXXXX1
BRAM->cart 10006XXXXXXXX1
Jagasian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did Bung choose to use codes in this way? Were they too lazy to extend the GUI in a more user-friendly manner?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK but it seems on every product they implement a few features in a really obscure way. I wouldn't be surprised if there are undiscovered hidden functions that need other passwords too.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were those hardcoded codes to do extra functions because they didn't want to make menus for them, or does it just use the cheat-function to modify existing code to write to the diffrent savegame targets?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: