ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use full 32mb for ROMS? Load Sega Master system games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Use full 32mb for ROMS? Load Sega Master system games? Reply with quote

Is it possible to utilize the full 32mb of the megacart for just ROMS? If so, a way to flash up to 32mb to this thing via CD? Can this thing run Sega Master System ROMS?

I have a USA Sega CDX
Christuserloeser

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding 32Mbit: I think it is, yes. Although, you definitely will overwrite everything else o the cart (SCD BRAM backups, bios).

For 32Mbit, I recommend MD-Pro 32 or MD-Pro 64 you can buy from http://www.tototek.com/

Regarding SMS ROMs: This feature was planned but it's been dropped at one point during development. I hope that Fonzie can tell us more about this.

EDIT: Interesting: http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2046

Last edited by Christuserloeser on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christuserloeser wrote:
Regarding 32Mbit: I think it is, yes. Although, you definitely will overwrite everything else o the cart (SCD BRAM backups, bios).

For 32Mbit, I recommend MD-Pro 32 or MD-Pro 64 you can buy from http://www.tototek.com/

Regarding SMS ROMs: This feature was planned but it's been at one point during development. I hope that Fonzie can tell us more about this.

yea i was hoping to be able to use the full 32mb of my megacart because of it's ability to have games flashed to it via Sega CD (unlike the MD-PRO)
atreyu187

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like he said you can but you overwrite the rest of the features.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use it with SMS since it would need to be able to control the "SMS mode" signal, not to mention that most SMS games require bankswitching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: