ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all SNES video output experts! HDTV problem ;(
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheShadowRunner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
If it works fine through the S-Video port on the same TV, then there must be a bug in the SCART code. Apart from the video clarity, the sync and timing is exactly the same between the two connections. Perhaps VGA and SCART share the same algorithm, and since it doesn't detect the video as 480i, it assumes a custom VGA mode (normally you'd have to manually adjust).

Well, I wondered about the svideo & rgb signal being really identical since the flaw showed up on RGB only.
If you're 100% sure the signal is identical, then yes, it's a problem on the TV's RGB input for sure.
Since RGB works perfect for everything except the SFC, it made sense it was an inaccuracy in the SFC RGB output being the source of the issue. But again, if you're sure they're identical, the only possible source is the TV's RGB/scart input.
As for why the TV's RGB input isn't tolerant to the SFC signal, frankly your guess is mine Cool
SFC 240p + Svideo = OK
SFC 240p + RGB = bug
PS1 240p + Svideo = OK
PS1 240p + RGB = OK
^ It's easy to be mislead by those results Cool
See you,

TSR
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any consolation, RGB modded NES systems don't work at all on LCD TVs. Ok on plasma, though...no idea why.

-Rob
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey TSR (Alcahest?),
i soon will have my new flat panel, i'll check my SNES then and tell you of my picture. Btw, there is two different SNES Versions out, both with different graphic chip (V1 and V2). Use your Wildcard to check that, in some menu it prompts you what version you have, then maybe try the other one too. I have 2 SNES's one V1 and one V2. Both RGB'ed with Scart connectors. I'll let ya know!! (And finally check another panel somewhere!)
Greetings!
TheShadowRunner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Crack Wink
Good, make sure to let us know. There's a possiblity they revised the RGB inputs to accept SNES signal, good luck.
Yes i know about the SFC revisions, tried 3 of them. As well as many other things that i've tried (see the topic on the other site ^^)
Btw, i hope Sony or Sharp Wink
Later,

TSR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: