ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWC DX2 and a Jaz Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishop702

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: SWC DX2 and a Jaz Drive Reply with quote

Hi I was wondering if anyone has setup up and IOMEGA JAZ TRAVELLER with a SUPER WILDCARD DX2. I have tried many combos with a 1 GB and 2 GB JAZ DRIVE BUT WILL ONLY RECOGNIZE A DRIVE IS THERE AND THEN IT FREEZES.

Has anyone gotten this to work because I can't find anymore info on this.
Cherry roms had info but it is lost.
taco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few google searches show that only the regular 100MB ZIP drives work. Not even the 250MB works...
Bishop702

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re-SWC JAZ Reply with quote

taco wrote:
A few google searches show that only the regular 100MB ZIP drives work. Not even the 250MB works...

I have also found many references online regarding this. I guess it was discussed on CherryRoms but that site is gone with all its wisdom.
If anyone was on Cherry roms at some time and knows anything about this, any info would be great

I was lucky to have an OLD zip drive that works perfectly with my SWC. Making my SNES cabnet and Zip or bigger is better then having to have a computer for people to use on it.

FYI I just picked up an INNOVATIONS SNES to VGA adapter. It also has Svideo out and and VGA in from your computer so you can switch between the to. It also supports N64 and Game cube it says. Works great on my SNES and the resolution is definately better. Cost me 26 bucks with shipping.
Eidis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: SWC DX2 and a Jaz Drive Reply with quote

You need to change the SCSI ID to 6 for Wild card to recognize and use it properly.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: SWC DX2 and a Jaz Drive Reply with quote

Eidis wrote:
You need to change the SCSI ID to 6 for Wild card to recognize and use it properly.

Yea I tried that already, but will this let you utilize all 2gb of the Jaz 2GB disk? There were references (after I did a thorough google search) to someone who supposedly got 2gb disks to work but never said how or even if it was proven. I as well have a Jaz 2gb drive and Jaz traveler and though it recognizes the disk, it just freezes if you try to load anything. It's just a shame that it isn't accessable via the HDD menu.

it's just easier to get a disk dual and slap in a compact flash to ide adaptor with 2gb compact flash card.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get a 2GB Jaz disk working with the DX2, but only when I used the DX2 to format it to a 100MB capacity. Somebody else that posted to CherryRoms claimed that they were able to get it working when formatted to a 2GB capacity using Windows. I never tried to confirm it because I use a Diskdual compatible drive enclosure with a compact flash card slot. CF cards are more common, less expensive, and completely silent... compared to Jaz or Zip disks.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagasian wrote:
I was able to get a 2GB Jaz disk working with the DX2, but only when I used the DX2 to format it to a 100MB capacity. Somebody else that posted to CherryRoms claimed that they were able to get it working when formatted to a 2GB capacity using Windows. I never tried to confirm it because I use a Diskdual compatible drive enclosure with a compact flash card slot. CF cards are more common, less expensive, and completely silent... compared to Jaz or Zip disks.

yea even if it did work, it's not worth the trouble. A disk dual and CF2IDE/2gb CF card is much better
dvd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally tried to purchase a new zip 100 drive when I first got my SWC, but it did not work. It wouldn't even recognize that it was there, so I took it back to the store. I later got a used zip drive from a swap meet for $5 and it works great as long as you power up the zip drive, insert a disk, and then turn on the SNES. If you do it out of order, it won't work.

Something must have changed in the firmware of the newer Zip drives to make it no longer compatible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: