ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help. No Card detected

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hermonam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Help. No Card detected Reply with quote

Hi. I just purchased an MD Pro FlashCard plus and cannot get my laptop to detect the card. Here are the things I've tried:

I've tested the USB port for 5V and that is fine.
I have tested several printer cables, straight pass though parrallel cables etc. and none work
I have checked the bios settings for the LPT1 printer port and it is set to bi-directional not ECP (port address 378). Windows 98SE printer properties are set to the same
Dreamwriter software is also set to 378.

Still the card is not detected.

A couple of questions:
1) Does the version of Dreamwriter matter? Should I download an older version?
2) What kind of parallel cable is needed - straight pass through? printer?
3) I'm assuming the correct orientation of the card in the writer slot is battery facing the "front" as in the picture on the tototek site.
4) Does it matter when you turn the switch on on the Flash Writer?

I know the flashcard is working fine as it works in the Genesis system.

Please help with potential ideas to try.

Thanks,
Hermonam
dbjh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hermonam wrote:
I have checked the bios settings for the LPT1 printer port and it is set to bi-directional not ECP (port address 378).

It should be set to EPP or ECP or EPP + ECP. I wonder what the makers of your BIOS mean with bi-directional as parallel ports support bi-directional communication in all modes (SPP, EPP, ECP).

hermonam wrote:
1) Does the version of Dreamwriter matter? Should I download an older version?

Just try. I don't know. The latest version appears to add support for PCs that can't enable EPP alone, only EPP + ECP.

hermonam wrote:
2) What kind of parallel cable is needed - straight pass through? printer?

Straight through with male 25 pin connectors at both ends.

hermonam wrote:
3) I'm assuming the correct orientation of the card in the writer slot is battery facing the "front" as in the picture on the tototek site.
4) Does it matter when you turn the switch on on the Flash Writer?

I guess anytime before software tries to communicate with it is fine.

Perhaps you should try another PC. Maybe, but just maybe you are experiencing the same problem as SamIAm. His MD-PRO flash card programmer was also not detected by DreamWriter, while it was by uCON64.
hermonam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I tried an XP machine with the parallel set to EPP and it worked fine. Must be the laptop. Anyway - I am good-to-go! :D

MWH
Tongueman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. I thought it never could detect my cart. However, it works only one way for me:

Right after I reboot my computer (WinXP Laptop), I plug in the flasher/cartridge and turn it on. Then I run the software and it detects it. After flashing and removing the cartridge, the software can't detect it anymore. I have to reboot to make it work again.

Maybe your situation is similar? It's annoying, but works. so I'm happy enough. The same problem happens with my SMS reader.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: