ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some doubts about buying SFC kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdaving

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Some doubts about buying SFC kit Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm very interested in buying the Super Flash Cart kit 64M and I got some doubts to be answered:

- Is it possible to send to Brazil?
- Do I have to use T-connector everytime I wanna play Mario Kart, for example, or it's necessary only to programm onto the flash cart? In fact, I didn't understand exactly what it's for, apart from programming DSP1 roms.
- What about the CIC? I know I should buy all three parts, but where and when are they needed?

I'm intended to translate some ROMs I have and, then, send them to a flash cart with your kit. What's needed to translate, I mean what softwares or procedures do I need?

I'd be glad if you could support me.

Thanks in advance!

Hope you get the KIT soon!
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Kart is a game that contains a DSP1 (sometimes DSP1B) chip. For the game to run properly (at all really) this chip must be present. I imagine the T-Connector is to let you plug in a cartridge with a DSP chip in it to use it for running your DSP game on the SuperFlash. Thus you must have the T-Connector with a DSP game plugged in with the SuperFlash for a DSP game to work.
pdaving

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then I need the T-connector with a DSP chip (original SMK cartridge or anyone that contains DSP chip?) to play Mario Kart. If so, that seems quite impracticable playing SMK as you must have another chip to connect to another board (T-connector) and then connect them all to the console to be able to play, isn't it?

In the example shown in the SFC kit product detail, they put 3 games onto the flash cart. One of them was Super Mario Kart. Did they need to use T-connector to make those games work? I'm a bit confused about that.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: