ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neo Geo Pocket & Wonderswan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
incredible_hark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Neo Geo Pocket & Wonderswan Reply with quote

I think it would be great to have a Neo Geo Pocket Color and a Wonderswan Color Flash Card.
timofonic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree too!
foghat5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have a NGPC flash card unit. I have a 32Meg flash cart for it from bung and I would really like another however they are a fortune to purchase if you can actually find one for sale.
xenon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good idea! Very Happy
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NGPC and WS were already planned :)
DjoeN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope first WS/WSC Smile

i already have a NGPC one Smile and the WS/WSC is harder to find
timofonic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WS/WSC could be better selled due to FF fans Wink
ephesus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this topic is old....but I would really like a NGPC flash cart. Anyone have any idea where to get one, or have one for sale?
Mattroid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much agree as well! I have a chance to get one of the bung 32Mb ones now, but if a USB version with more storage would be much more appealing. I'd be willing to put this one off and get one from ToToTEK later on if we know for sure it's coming!

any ideas of storage size, price, release date, etc?
xenon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a NGP and a flash cart is a really great idea Very Happy Hope there will be one soon...
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an NGP cart, but I'd love the wonderswan backup kit in any form I can get it.

where's it at!!! Razz
Morden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for a WonderSwan linker unit for years and I still haven't found one and I know I'm willing to pay $150+ for it. If ToToTek would decide to make one, I'm sure it would be a fine addition to the existing product lineup and they'd be plenty of buyers.

So what's the hold up? I mean, what is the big problem in making one? It's been done before and it worked [Wonder Magic] but the damn thing is impossible to find and buy. That means there is a design that works and there can be another one.

Is it the market? I know for a fact that there are plenty of people out there that would be interested. Maybe some kind of survey would help? Ask people if they would buy it and if so, for how much.

Unless of course it's too hard to make one. You never know what kind of resources the developers of the Wonder Magic had.

I would love to hear an opinion on the matter from a ToToTek team member. Please, share your thoughts and the yes and no's.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I understand, they are very easy to make. I think Tomy made his by swapping out a chip on a normal ws cart.
Morden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're very easy to make, then I don't understand why there are no new linkers on the market. Aside from the infamous Wonder Magic, there is no other product like that.

Linkers for older systems with no official support are bought by fans. WonderSwan is popular among collectors and a linker would certainly sell. Not to mention homebrew scene. The lack of a linker for the system is the main reason there's very little non-WonderWitch homebrew software.

This reminds me of another thing I was wondering about. WonderWitch cart could not be used to play regular games or non-WonderWitch homebrew. It only ran the WW code.

How was that solved and would it be possible to have WonderWitch functionality in a flash cart? Of course I'm just asking, and I'm well aware of the fact that chances of a WS linker are slim to none. I have no idea why this system was abandoned both by its creators and by the homebrew scene.

P.S. - If all it takes is swapping out a chip, maybe Tomy would be kind enough to supply a tutorial? If there are no plans [or future plans for that matter] of releasing a linker, a self made one would be the next best thing.
Morden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/courses/ee476/FinalProjects/s2004/zz25

It seems like someone has already tried to make a programmable cart for the WonderSwan and they succeded. Everything is rather well documented on the webpage I found, c sources and pinout included.

The only problem is that the project resulted in a creation of a 512kBit cartridge off which you can run 64kB of data [which is equivalent to the amount of data possible to execute from a WonderWitch cart]. That isn't much at all. Again, I'd really like to hear an opinion from ToToTek guys.

P.S. - I found the Wonder Magic linker at this - > WEBSITE and I mailed them, asking if they had it in stock. Unfortunately they don't have it anymore. I also found it at some japanese online stores. I mailed them and I'm still waiting for an answer. I doubt they have it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: