ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neo Geo Pocket & Wonderswan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only run 64K *without bankswitching*, so obviously WS hackers haven't made that public yet (necessary for making a flash cart!) although I'm sure it can be figured out from an open source or debugging emulator.
Morden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right. From what I can see when I browse around the net, and the fact that a linker has already been made, producing such a device is no impossible task. Quite the opposite in fact.

So, as a senior member of this forum who undoubtedly knows a few things about the flash and backup device market, do you think that a WonderSwan linker is something worth producing?

I don't think there would be any serious threat of a lawsuit from Bandai's side. The machine is dead in a commercial sense. All of the games and units are circulating the second hand market. It's not like a linker would decrease their profit.

It seems it's doable, as far as I can tell, it wouldn't be too pricey to manufacture and there's a serious profit to be made. People are willing to pay some serious cash for this kind of unit, me included.
Morden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I visited the boards last time and I was wondering if there is any developement or plans of developement of a WonderSwan or a Neo Geo Pocket flash cart.

Has anything changed since the last time I asked about this and is anyone willing to work on such a project? I am certain it would bring some profit.
ketotot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tomy, can you make a Neo-Geo Pocket/Color flash cart?

If not, I will have to ask another company to do it. Cool
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well guys, I finally got it, I scored a wondermagic backup kit. the only problem is that it does not have the software. I got a copy of the software from someone but I keep getting an Eprivilege error...

does anyone know where I ca find the software or how to fix this error?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run on Windows 95/98/Me or try Direct I/O type drivers.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a guy sent me the software again, this time with another install of drivers and that worked after I set the program in XP to "run as under win98" in the options for the app

the problem now is, my pwoer supply is not quite right. I have a 12v and it needs 16v. the green light comes on but it is faint and I can not get the software to see the cart

I am running it on a compaq laptop and i can not access the bios setting to see if the parallel port is set right. does anyone know how to get a compaq into bios mode? the splash screen comes up and blocks out the boot loading so i can not see what to press, I have tried DEL, F1, F2, etc and no go.

oy what a pain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: