ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neo PC-E Flashcart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Neo PC-E Flashcart Reply with quote

I got one of these babies. It is 64mb and comes with a USB programmer. I ordered it from ic2005.com and it was shipped to me very quickly.

I must say that this unit is awesome! The software that comes with it gives you the option of PCE or TG16. I currently use it with my Turbo Duo (USA) and it works flawlessly. The unit goes all the way into the system and the door on my Duo's HU card slot closes all the way. The Neo PC-E flashcart even has a button on it for resetting it and choosing another game.

I would highly reccomend it. The company that makes it (neoflash) is making
a Sega Mega Drive/Genesis flash cart with USB connectivity and will work with 32X and Master System.
MrCheese

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it support cheat codes?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, why would you make a thread endorsing competitor's products?

Second, I really don't think Neoflash is going to make any more "retro" products since the announced products were to be released 1-2 years ago. It's obvious that they can't deliver on their promises, probably because their development is outsourced, which is also why Neoflash can't ever give a definitive answer regarding their own products. In all Neoflash is a pretty shady group, they exploit homebrewers either by ripping source from the net or by holding competitions for other people to do their work for them, and in the end deliver inferior products to Tototek's after promising bigger and better.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true. I made the thread for those interested in alternatves. It really is not much different when people talk about say, a SNES copier as opposed to a tototek SNES flash cart. It is good to have competition because it forces companies to make their products better.

I am hoping tototek releases a Jaguar flash cart. I have 2 of tototek's products (Master System and Genesis) and now that I finally worked out the bugs, they are enjoyable and I highly reccomend tototek.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the same because Tototek actually sells old copiers (before a lot more than now), not just their own recent products.

Threads like this don't have the power to get you better products, they only have the power to hurt Tototek by driving away customers. Competition is a good thing for big business, but for a starving one-man operation like Tototek? Since Tototek is paying for the space for you to ask all your questions to no benefit of Tototek and even give you a place to buy/sell your crap, a conflict of interest, for free, the least you could do is not brag about some other group's product.

Tototek isn't Wallmart so please don't act like such a whiny entitled consumer.

"Friends don't let friends go to Neoflash"
MrCheese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I wanted to get a PCE flashcart I evaluated the neo product. I decided to go with the Tototek product. My main reason is:

Tototek is trustworthy.

The Neo product has more RAM and works via USB. It does not support cheat codes. I strugged with the ordering site to work out what I would need to order. I read about the company and found they kept releasing new products that were not compatible with older products (DS springs to mind) and leaving customers out in the cold. They even used another sites artwork! I bought the PCE-PRO and and it works flawlessly.

Competition is a good thing, but there is a lot of variables to consider. I know Tomy will assist with replacement / repairs or any general enquiries I have. He also produces the products he says he will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: