ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snes Black Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abegeman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Snes Black Screen Reply with quote

Can Some help me please

I have t-connector
Super flash CART
And Cartridge flash unit
PAL snes

I am using the "super flash software". I have managed to retrive old game data with the unit, and also send information to the flash unit. I have tested game data i have downloaded with snes9x emulator so i know there is no problem with communication.

When i send data back to the super flash unit every thing looks good and display transfer completed

However when i plug in to the snes (tconnector, original PAL cartridge in second slot, switch in position number 2) Flash unit in slot one.
I have tried all possible combinations here (but have followed diagrams etc on this website)

Problem is all i get is a blank screen when plugged in to the snes, no blue menu appears, any ideia what might be wrong?

Would appreciate any assistance
MrCheese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things to check / try:
Is the rom you are trying a known good one? Try it on an emulator.
Try just 1 game on the flash cart.
Tick the verify option when writing to the cart.
Untick the turbo option.
Check the ROM region matches your SNES.
abegeman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sugestions,

I have dumped a game that i own on to my computer and then re-uploaded it to the flash cart, as you sugegsted i tried playing with an emulator, the game works fine.

Still get the black screen however when i plug in to snes.

From what i understand the blue menu screen should appear regardless of what rom you have installed, would the be correct to say? or do you need to have 2 roms installed in order for this to appear?

Also i can't see any verify option on the software, could you poing me in te right direction

Thanks again
MrCheese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake, there is no verify option on the SNES flash software (I was thinking of the megadrive version). Are you using v2.34 of the software? Also click on setup and ensure the "multi game header file" is setup. This should point to to SFBOTX2.GS. It is normally in the same directory as the EXE. This file is the blue menu program that runs on the SNES when you flash multiple roms. If this is not setup then nothing will work. I don't think the blue menu appears if you only flash 1 rom to the cart - but I have not tried this.
abegeman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i am using V2.34, iv'e already tried the idea about pointing to the sfbotx2.gs, iv'e even reinstalled the software deleteing everything in the program files\tiger-soft directory, to essure that this file hasn't some how become corrupt. (and re-downloaded the software)

- Set parallel to epp.
- tested batery on the flash cart,
- used ucon64 to upload (with same result of black screen)
- Even soldered a security chip from a pal cartdridge on to the flash rom (still get black screen) have removed that now.
- uploaded singe game
- uploaded multiple games
- downloaded a game (krust super fun house) from pal cart - checked on emulator - works fine. reuplaoded game to superflasher
- tested turbo mode on, and off (same result)

The only thing i haven't tried is changing the snes scart leads to a standard arial connection. At the moment it is going in to a scart connection which should bypass the pal decoder, however i don't think this will make any difference.

I think It's pointing to something wrong with the flash unit. However i can't get hold of tommy for any suggestions.
MrCheese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have covered everything obvious. Can the cart be tried on another SNES? It does sound to me like Toby is your last best hope.
abegeman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could buy another snes to try, but it plays all normal pal games fine so i don't think there is an issue with it. i use it regualrly for sf2 tournaments so it gets good use, never had any issues with it.

Il wait and see what tommy says, trouble is i have had no communication with him since he sent me the cart.

Once i get this running in some form i think i will do some documentation for it as there seems to be a lack of it on this site. Im sure it's a good product, maybe i just got a bad one, i think iv'e covered every thing i can so far.

Iv'e herad of people moding the snes to bypass the cic chip, no where i can find anything on this.......?

Thanks for your continued help in this matter anyway much appreciated.
MrCheese

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are handy with a soldering iron there is a load of console mods here (including the region chip disable):

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/index.htm

If you want someone else to do it then try here:

http://www.consolepassion.co.uk/modification.htm

I had a 50 / 60 hz switch and region disable added to my SNES by consolepassion and it all works flawlessly. I use an action replay for any multi region action I may need. If you are handy with a soldering iron you can save some cash and follow mmmonkeys guide.

Toby will contact you - he is often away in China doing whatever it is he does so you not being able to contact him is not a suprise. I believe the instant messenger option is a good way to get him, but I have never tried it.
abegeman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just checked out those pages, for £25 it seems worth it just sending the console away, the blue led seems tempting.

il wait tommys response see what can be done before i send it away

thanks again
abegeman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still haven't head back from support regadring this. I have wasted $80 $90

my impression of the product is that is it doesn't work (or is faulty)
tak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

games with special chip may not work with the superflash cart....
http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/INFO/chipinfo.htm

should be known by everyone
MrCheese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does work for the majority of software. Some carts with special chips will not. I do not know why Toby has not contacted you. He is normally good with returns.
abegeman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i am aware that games with super fx chips etc may not work,

I have tried with a variaety of games, im not however even receving the blue menu selection screen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: