ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Pro Fighter SP-9Q+ (CD-ROM version) "No Disk"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanooki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Super Pro Fighter SP-9Q+ (CD-ROM version) "No Disk" Reply with quote

I have a Super Pro Fighter SP-9Q+ here. It's a device with 24 Mb of memory and a parallel port on the back. It also has a PSU connector, but I don't have a PSU.

The Pro Fighter works perfectly fine. It boots, I get into the menu. It shows me on the left:
Quote:
RUN FILE
GOLD FINDER
REALTIME SAVE

[SEL]-UTILITY
[V^]-CHOOSE
[B]-ACCEPT

I can select the top 3 options.

On the right:
Quote:
PRO.F
INTERNAL
DRAM: 24M
SRAM: 256K
TRAM: 64K
DSP: OFF

IC CARD
ROM: 4M
SRAM: 64K
DSP: OFF

When I don't have a cartridge inserted, it shows IC CARD: ROM: 0M, etc.

So as far as I can see, everything does work correctly. The system is OK.

Now, when I select "Run file" in the menu I get a popup saying "Insert Disk". That popup lasts for a while, then it shows me "No Disk".
While the popup is shown, there is no activity in the floppydrive. No sound, no lights, nothing. As if it wasn't there.

With that in mind, I was thinking of a disconnected floppydrive. Maybe the power cable was disconnected or something. So I opened the unit and checked everything. The small power connector is a bit loose... But it's definitely connected. I tightened it a bit more and checked everything else, it seems all fine. The ribbon cables are connected firmly too.

I can't think of anything else I could do. Maybe a chip on the board is broken or something? The floppydisk controller chip?

What can I do more? Any suggestions? I'd love to get the unit working with floppy disks.

Also, I'd like to use the parallel port, but I can't find any information about it. I believe there's supposed to be a CD-ROM drive addon, but I have never found any information about that. I'd love to get some links that point me to any information on what I can do with the parallel port. Smile
I have the DiskDual from FFE, but I suppose it won't work with the Pro Fighter... It's somewhere upstairs, might try it sometime. Smile

Any help appreciated and thanks to you if you've read this far, hehe.
Tanooki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also saw this topic... http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=943

The guy mentions something about a parallel port card that can be ordered here? Anyone got a link? Thanks! Very Happy
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be your floppy drive, floppy controller or power circuit.

The CDROM was possibly never sold to the public, apparently it was demonstrated a long time ago (details always forgotten), but I don't think anybody has come across them for sale. It's possible that the Pro Fighter doesn't actually contain CDROM functions, but the CDROM itself is a microcontroller system which emulates a PC's parallel port.

I would not suggest trying your Disk Dual...

Tototek's parallel port card is for later Double Pro Fighter and Pro Fighter X models. It's on the main site.
Tanooki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
It could be your floppy drive, floppy controller or power circuit.

The CDROM was possibly never sold to the public, apparently it was demonstrated a long time ago (details always forgotten), but I don't think anybody has come across them for sale. It's possible that the Pro Fighter doesn't actually contain CDROM functions, but the CDROM itself is a microcontroller system which emulates a PC's parallel port.

I would not suggest trying your Disk Dual...

Tototek's parallel port card is for later Double Pro Fighter and Pro Fighter X models. It's on the main site.

So what can I use the parallel port in my Super Pro Fighter for?

Any idea on how to target the problem? How can I find out it's either the floppy drive, floppy controller or floppy power circuit?

Thanks for your reply. Smile
Tanooki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on another forum stated the Pro Fighter needs a PSU in order for the floppydrive to work.

I can't imagine this, as all Pro Fighters were shipped without PSU and afaik it *should* work without PSU...

But if someone knows where to get a PSU for the Pro Fighter, cheap... DealExtreme maybe?
If anyone has a link, that'd be nice. Very Happy
Tanooki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I actually *had* to use a PSU.

It works now.
Thall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes afaik all pro fighters need a psu for the floppy drive to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: