ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xeye/Wondermega final FAQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atreyu187

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Xeye/Wondermega final FAQ Reply with quote

So I don't have a paraell port as I only have a laptop, and I was tild I can use the Evermind and just my JVC X Eye to play ROMS by loading them from the CD drive is this true? If so I would love to get one of these but haven't because I could not use it. Also is there a link to a guide or some documentation I could read up on while waiting for it to arrive if this is true!!!

Last edited by atreyu187 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
fonzie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Very Happy I'll use your post as a little faq. (if you could edit your message title in "Xeye/Wondermega final FAQ") that would be great! Smile

Xeye/Wondermega final FAQ

All the documentation is available at http://products.genny4ever.net/ or www.sega-16.com (a complete review of the product).

Yeah, seems you've been confused (even me LOL).
My initial dream (with Tomy from ToToTEK) was to give fan a product that works perfect on all basic sega hardwares (Megacd1 & 2, CDX), I think the goal is reached.

I also wanted to answer all the other problems (see xeyefix.bin and bellow zip), so it reduced megacart features, but still... You could still use partially the megacart on your very rare hardware (xeye/wondermega).
I think it was a bad idea because it lead to many confusion (it is working or what?). No it wont work, Yeah it is working, But very partially and require some skills to make it work!

I apologize for all the confusion, next time, I'll be more strict. No support at all for a hardware if a key feature isn't 100% handled.

So here is some points about the Xeye/Wondermega hardware :
Xeye/Wondermega isn't officialy supported for disc playing with megacart
Means there are audio bugs. Only playing Japanese games on Usa xeye may work with all the updates, TO BE RELEASED (http://products.genny4ever.net/updates/misc_xeyefix1.zip).

Xeye/Wondermega isn't recommended to play ROMS
As you need to keep in place xeyefix.bin, it strongly reduce the user-free rom area.
http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1968

Xeye/Wondermega isn't even more recommended if you don't have a LPT port with EPP mode
Because if xeyefix.bin is accidentaly erased from the megacart, it will prevent any further disc to book with megacart plugged (which means no more updates using utility disc possible).

Thank you for understanding that Xeye/Wondermega are rare hardware, which means quite different in built, and It took years to get their bios dumped ... And it tooks months to have any reports from megacart users that had problem with Xeye/Wondermega Smile

I'm sorry if something appear confusing somewhere... I've been reading again megacart website... I don't think I say wondermega works... Maybe i should put in red/bold that it doesnt work LOL. yeah, gonna do that Smile
atreyu187

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Still confused Reply with quote

Ok I am still lost. I know the compatibility is not 100% and the audio grabled is no problem I can play music elsewhere. I just was wondering if I could use this without a paraell port by loading the ROMS via disc. And I need a tutorial of sorts on how to do this as I don't see any. And as for the xeye.bin fix that isn't a problem as I wouldn't erase the file and by limited, what do you do you mean? As long as I can load one cart at a time I would be happy. I just wish I had a port to use a normal flash cart but there isn't any adapters that allow this as I want three different carts from here but I can't use even one of them, I was hoping this would be the answer as I don't care about more than one ROM as I can only play one at a time.

EDIT

Bascly what I am asking is can I put the xeye.bin on this without a cable?? Then I know it is up to me to make sure I do not erase this. Now once I do this I can load the games onto the cart provided I don't erase this file, and if I do so I will need to find a PC that has a paraell port to re-flash the file. If I can do the intial setup and burn the roms without the need of a PC so long as I don't get rid of the file I will order the combo pack today just in case so I would be ready.
fonzie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just was wondering if I could use this without a paraell port by loading the ROMS via disc.

Yes, this will always work. But as written here :
http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1968

Quote:

You have in that way :
1 megs (xeye fix.bin)
1 megs (user free)
2 megs (user free)
4 megs (user free)
8 megs (user free)

Instead of 24 plain megs when the xeyefix is not needed

So xeye fix reduce the maximum rom size to 8meg (one megabyte)... And there are quite a few games that are bigger than that, and they will not fit.

Quote:

Bascly what I am asking is can I put the xeye.bin on this without a cable??

First, you can email Tototek (after having ordered) to ask them to put the xeyefix for you.
Then, if you erase it ... Your megacart wont work anymore with your xeye. However, we added a security (so the megacart is not "dead" forever) : you need to open megacart, remove a security jumper, and use the utility disc to flash again xeyefix, open megacart again, put back in place the security jumper and enjoy.

If you feel opening/removing the megacart jumper each time you want to flash a new rom (which is boring and not very nice)... Then you might be able to flash 24meg rom (as you don't need anymore xeyefix.bin as you use the jumper trick) and it might work ... I can't warranty that however.

-----------------
Concerning the difficulty to burn a utility disc... You may first use the small utility (available in misc download section) to sort out, convert and fix .bin and .smd from a folder.
Then you use megacart.exe to build an iso, and you burn this iso using nero... Should not be very hard Smile

If you have another question, don't hesitate. But please keep in mind your case is complex Very Happy That's why you need to read carefully what I write Smile

Thx

Fonzie
atreyu187

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I got it now and fully understand. I have ordered one last night and asked for the X Eye fix. I got the $90 set as if push comes to shove I can go to a friends house. And most of the games I want to play are small like Altered Beast Golden Axe. So I should be ok and the manual method sounds fine to me as it is a working solution at least should be. Heck if not I have a buddy with a normal Sega CD and I will trade him Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: