ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ufo Super Drive Pro 6 question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Ufo Super Drive Pro 6 question Reply with quote

Is it possible to upgrade the ram of a Ufo Super Drive Pro 6 from 16M to 32M? Any information on this unit is hard to come by. I'm actually thinking of selling it and getting my hands on a Wild Card DX2 in August anyway. However, if it is possible to upgrade the ram, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Update: I found out that the ram can be updated from an old '92 document. Now I just need to know how, either by soldering in more chips or if it is a ram unit that can be plugged into the board.

--Snow.
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snow.

Do you have a copy of the document? I've had my Ufo 6 forever and have little to no info on it.

A few years ago, I managed to get my UFO 6 to recognize a 24M RAM card from an UFO 7 (bought from Rob Webb!!) and was able to dump Mortal Kombat II, but couldn't run the dumped ROM. Didn't play around with it too much, so it may be possible to get the thing to work.
Snow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to fish up that document again.. I should be able to send it to you within a few days.

I think I made a mistake with my Ufo though, I think mine is actually a 24Mbit. It has a small card plugged into the main board with 6 chips on it. I'm guessing that that is the dram then. 2 chips have 1M on them and the other 4: 256K. If that means that together those chips are 3 megabytes, that means, there is 24 megabits of ram. The little board has 2 blank spaces with pads for 2 more chips. If it is possible to solder another one or two of those 1M chips on there, that would be fantastic, however I don't know if other things have to be done with the circuitry or the bios to recognize extra ram on the same card.

That's something I'm going to try and find out. My thought would be if you have that extra ram card - look at the chips and if they match - desolder and then solder them onto your Ufo memory card. HOWEVER, I know little of such old electronics, I could be very wrong. Tomy might know, or there are other electonics wiz's here I'm sure.

I'm thinking it might just be better to get a wild card or a super flasher or something. Unless, it was also possible to get a Ufo 6 to recognize a drive or storage device other than a floppy drive, as well.

Anyhow, like I said, I'll fish up that document, I have it somewhere and I'll send it to you.
Thall

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you send me that document too?

Cheers

conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow wrote:
Unless, it was also possible to get a Ufo 6 to recognize a drive or storage device other than a floppy drive, as well.

I'd rather someone write a transfer program to make use of the UFO 6's parallel port... (or at least dredge up the original software).

Not bound to happen in my lifetime, but I can dream, can't I? Wink
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thall wrote:
Could you send me that document too?

Speaking of sending you stuff, I noticed there are no pics of the Super UFO on your site! If you'd like, I can take a few pics of my UFO 6 along with its original box and send 'em to you once my account is activated Wink
Thall

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day (when the devil is ice skating) i will update my site with pics of all the hw i have..

Including a boxed Super Twin..

conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, sounds like you suffer from the same affliction I do Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: