ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batch convert ROMS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Batch convert ROMS? Reply with quote

What tool can I use (windows) to batch convert a bunch of ROMS from one format to the other? Example. I have a Game Doctor SF7 and wanna convert a bunch of SMC format SNES games to Game Doctor format. What tool will batch convert these? I tried Ucon64 (with the GUI) but after the 2nd ROM, it just chokes.
gmlesrpg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I think it's only one by one Sad
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's probably a long dos command to do a batch, but I don't know what it is. I suck at those kinds of things. I'm thinking that such a command would probably end up opening one Ucon window for each request, but I dunno.

I know, I'm not much help.

-Rob
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***UPDATE***

you will all be glad to know that I actually got ucon64 to batch convert a bunch of roms automatically. Here's what I did:

1. place the ucon64 exe (in this case, ucon64m.exe) in the same directory as the roms that you wanna convert.

2. open up a DOS box (assuming you are running windows - in my case it's XP, so I go to start, then run, and I type command in the box to open a DOS prompt). My ROMS are in a folder called SNES (which is where the ucon64 executable is),

3. To convert all ROMS to SWC (the GoodSNES set has all roms in .smc format but many do not work on the SWC DX2, so you'll wanna convert them all to .swc), type the following command:

ucon64m.exe --swc *.smc

you will then see the program converting each and every ROM in the directory to swc.

enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: