ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Guys,is that possible to write SMS roms into this flash?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NaN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Hey Guys,is that possible to write SMS roms into this flash? Reply with quote

....and make it work of course.....I heard all the genesis machines has many components from a Master system inside, and i also saw an adapter to plug master system games on Genesis, is that possible to just write one SMS rom on it and make it work on a Mega drive?
Thanks,
atreyu187

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about this cart but I use the Megacart and there is an app called gg2md (gamegear to mega drive) and if you re-name the ROM so it is like a GG ROM. And since they are so simialr this app converts the ROM into the Genesis format. From there I have to convert it into a bin file and flash it to my cart. Doesn't work for all ROM's but the two I wanted to play work fine. Good luck and hope it works for you.
Christuserloeser

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting!

atreyu187 wrote:
From there I have to convert it into a bin file

- What tool do you use to convert it ? I tried with GROM but it said that it may not be interleaved (.smd).

I couldn't get it to work yet (with MD-Pro). - What games did work for you ? I would like to test them.
atreyu187

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ucon is the app I used but I had to rename the extension. I treid Altered Beast, Double Dragon, Golden Axe, Ultima, and Ys. I only got Ys and Ultima to work. I did also get a Gamegear game to work but I only tried one and it was Shining Force. These ROM's had slight slowdown but were very much playable as they were all RPG's. This app was pointed to me by a guy I know that made a DC genesis ORM disc and converted some of them for the disc. Well it didn't work on the DC so he asked if I oculd give it a try for my flash cart. After a few hours of pulling hair I got it to finally work. I can't recall exactly what I did but I will give it anlother try tonight and make a guide. I did one for the forums I was one but no one has a flash cart or replied there so it got sent to the trash can since it was a dead topic. Kinda wish I would have backed it up now. I just figured a hell of a lot smarter people did this by now so I never thought to post it here. Sad
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atreyu187 wrote:
Ucon is the app I used but I had to rename the extension. I treid Altered Beast, Double Dragon, Golden Axe, Ultima, and Ys. I only got Ys and Ultima to work. I did also get a Gamegear game to work but I only tried one and it was Shining Force. These ROM's had slight slowdown but were very much playable as they were all RPG's. This app was pointed to me by a guy I know that made a DC genesis ORM disc and converted some of them for the disc. Well it didn't work on the DC so he asked if I oculd give it a try for my flash cart. After a few hours of pulling hair I got it to finally work. I can't recall exactly what I did but I will give it anlother try tonight and make a guide. I did one for the forums I was one but no one has a flash cart or replied there so it got sent to the trash can since it was a dead topic. Kinda wish I would have backed it up now. I just figured a hell of a lot smarter people did this by now so I never thought to post it here. Sad

yes, please make a guide. I tried many games and never got any to work. I have a megacart and would love to burn a disc of SMS roms.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is total B.S. That ancient program just slaps a SMS header on ROMs for use on a Super Magic Drive, it doesn't remotely convert games to MD *shakes head*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: