ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Magicom 3201 How does this work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vcheck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Super Magicom 3201 How does this work? Reply with quote

Hey, I have a Super Magicom 3201 copier and can't find out how to run the roms that I upload from a PC trough the parallel cable.

I tried various utilities and the roms (smc format of course) do upload fine but then - just nothing happens.. If the console was just rebooted then it just stays at the copier menu - or if it was running a game cartridge then just keeps running.

Can anyone advise me how is this normally done - maybe I'm missing something.. Should the game just run right after the upload finish? Or do I have to reset the console? Any advice on this would be very nice.. Thanks.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To upload a ROM by parallel port connection you may need to hold down buttons or select an option to tell the Copier to "Listen" for an incoming ROM. This is the case with the Game Doctor copier series, but I'm unfamiliar with the Super Magicom. The UCON64 documentation may say something but I don't know. Try holding down L or R or both when the system is powered on.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to do anything like that with the Magicom, just turn on the SNES and transfer via the PC.
rcade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just let it sit at the main menu and upload, then it should go straight into the game. Even if the ROM is the wrong type, it should go to a black screen.

The most obvious problem would be the cable. I think it needs to have all lines straight through. I have a couple of cables that don't work because they don't include all lines- they are serial cables instead of parallel or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: