ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About saving with SFlash cart
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richter_Belmont

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: About saving with SFlash cart Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm new here and this is my first post. (Not so nice to begin asking about a problem... Embarassed Sorry! Smile)

I got Super Flash Cart last week and it works great with super flasher v. 2.33 having tested it through some 8,16,32 and even 48 meg games

All goes perfect till I try to save on any game. I save without problem but as soon as I turn off the console all save files instantly disapear.

I'm really newbie at this but, Doesn't should the cart keep save files at least for some time?

I have the enclosed one and I wonder if it could be that it haves no battery or something like that?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english!
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, it will keep save on the cart. But need to notice that, it only have 1 save area. That mean if you play multi game, then your old save may lose by other game. So, please try single game, then you can see it can keep save or not. Thanks
Richter_Belmont

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the fast reply,

Well, in fact I have tested it with Tales of Phantasia as a single game, but I also tried before with some RPGs together and selection menu, and the results were same.

I do save on game and the save file remains there normally even if I reset the SNES, but once I turn off the power the files instantly erases. (a fast off/on movement on power switch is enough)

Thats because I thought on internal battery.

Is that flat battery inside the cart that keeps the save data on, or am I wrong?

Could it be that that the battery is dead?

I would try to open the cart and replace the battery if necessary. Please let me know about.

Thanks!
dhaunet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like your battery is fried... I'd try to get a new 3v tablet battery and replace the old one. It should last at least a year...
Richter_Belmont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so. If that's the only problem its easy to fix. It just worried me that the cause could be something on cart's electronics. Confused

I ordered the opening tool and should receive it between this and next week.

Thanks for the help! Smile
Richter_Belmont

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally got the gamebit and opened the cart.

I have find that the battery is tough fixed with metal piece and yellow plastic or something like it.

Should it be easy to replace with another 3v flat normal battery?

I'm afraid of breaking the metal parts trying to get it out since its really tough fixed. Sad

How should I proceed?

Thanks
DjoeN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can desolder the old one (be carefull batteries can explode if heated) using desolder breath, or a desolderpump. then place a new one of the same type (cr2035 i think).

Still again: BE WARNED, replacing batteries that needs to be soldered or desoldered can explode if to long heated!!! (in results in damaging your flashcart., unless you are familiar with soldering batteries)
Richter_Belmont

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thank you very much DjoeN! Smile

I'll try carefully. It sounds a bit difficult but I will try not to overheat it applying desolder for short time repeatedly.

If I find it too difficult maybe I'd cut the thin metal brackets that holds the battery and install a new one ( I guess an old PC motherboard piece could do it well)

I will tell you later how this ends Confused
DjoeN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desoldering isn't the big thing Smile soldering is the most difficult part.

Here's a good tip:

Make some scratches on the batterie where you gonna solder (so the surface holds the solder better (not smooth surface)) scratch it horizontaly and vertical
Richter_Belmont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I replaced the battery and the results were same as before... Sad

The cart continues losing save file as soon as I turn the power button off.

I will comment it to Tomy or whom it may concern

Thanks again for your help DjoeN!
Suppafly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe seeing a detailed pic of the card we could help you find any mistakes?
DjoeN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends i bet, some games don't use battery saves, dunno if there are snes games that use eeprom save or sram or whatever...

I bet with the right bootcart (same save type as the rom ur playing) the save will be ok as long as you don't play the bootcart on it's own or use it for another rom Very Happy
Richter_Belmont

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Suppafly: I think I could take a pic of the cart tomorrow, cause I still have no camera, but though I've no skill at electronics I find the board really clean and fine, there are no signs of anything wrong or toasted...
My solders have really nasty appearance since its my first time with soldering Sad , but I think it does contact and should work right...

The original battery was perfect looking and now that I've tried with a new one, I think the problem was not the battery Confused (thats only a guess though)

I'll post the pic as soon as I take it

For DjoeN: I don't know how many different ways carts use to save data, but I tried many different games like Super Mario World, Tales of Phantasia, Legend of Zelda, Final fantasy IV, etc (one by one, as a single game) and any of them did hold the save file.
I didn't use t-connector yet since I have the CIC chip on card, so I haven't try any bootcard to test it.
Should I try it? There's relation between the boot card and the main one into saving?

Thanks for your help Smile

PS: My english is a disaster, I hope you could understand my explanation Very Happy
Richter_Belmont

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for the late, here are some pics of the board and battery.

As I said this have been my first time in soldering, so the appearence is truly nasty, but I thought it just would do the work.

Seems I was wrong, it still don't holds the save file.

Mmm... Can someone please tell me how to put my pics on the post? Confused (can I? all 3 pics are near 1Mb)

Thanks
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late. Too busy before holiday. Here is the last post before holiday. As I know, some people don't notice the words from super flasher program. You can not use cart on the t-connector back with save chip (Hi-ROM). It will make super flash have strange action. But you say you don't use t-connector, so, it is strange. Don't worry, you can ship it back. After I come back, I'll help to solve your problem. Sorry for your trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: