ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMS-PRO not working, programmer missing power switch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: SMS-PRO not working, programmer missing power switch Reply with quote

Well, this one got here fast, apparently customs didn't mess with it like they did my MD-PRO (or whatever makes some orders take a month to get here). Unfortunately, I can't get this one to work. I plugged the programmer in and tried to access it with Dreamwriter SMS, and it won't work. Then I got looking around the website for instructions and noticed in the pictures the programmer has a power switch on it. Mine does not. So could you send me another one? I'm not sure how much it would cost to send this one back but I can if you need me to.
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Forgot the order number, it's 200406300423 Reply with quote

Please respond soon to let me know what (if anything) I need to do in order to get this replaced. Oh, and for anyone reading this who might now find themselves wondering whether they can trust these people, yes, I ordered an MD-PRO and it works fine, I'm sure if I could turn my programmer on it would work fine as well, this is just a freak occurance that probably doesn't happen very often, order with confidence, these are great products, my MD PRO plays every game I've tried with it.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if the switch is missing (take a picture and mail it to tomy) i bet the will replace it after you send your cart back to them with a note. (and an e-mail)

Faults happens in the every factory Sad

And yeah i ordered all the flashkit everytime on the release date and the always came within 1 week or the week after the order (to Belgium (Europe)), Tototek is very trusty in that.

i always got a return mail (ok, it could take sometimes a few days, before reply)
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Pictures sent, waiting for reply Reply with quote

OK, I just sent the pictures to Tomy, if I was running a web server I'd post them here as well. Too much trouble for 2 pictures though. Anyway, it's like you said, no factory's 100% flawless, these things just happen sometimes. It's not like it has me doubting their quality or anything, I'll order a PCE-PRO as soon as I have a use for one (I have a Magic Super Griffin, so I either need to snipe a working TE or SGX first, otherwise it's just going to sit there collecting dust).
DjoeN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collecting dust is what my collection does it best Very Happy
acem77

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a new part to the puzzle. dreamwriter pce software does see the master system and gg flash carts. the dreamwriter sms/gg software will only see the pce flash cart and "not" the sms or gg flash cart.
i can load a sms/gg rom with dreamwriter pce and have it work. i have to rename sonic.sms to sonic.pce for it to let me load the game. if i only load one rom it will work. so me my guess is there is a problem with the sms/gg software.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acem77 :

Oh, can not beleive that you're so clever. Yes, you're right. It is software problem. Download new EXE for your cart here :
http://tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=292
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raistlin77 :

Sorry for the late. Your SMS Pro missing switch is normal. Why ??
Because now, we change something for SMS Pro. First, we change the flash chip from SHARP to INTEL. Second, we remove the switch. Because our PCB layout problem. When you insert orginal SMS cart on it, it can not fit it because of the swtich. Before we use glue to fit the switch, after some customer complaint it. We designed move it. It is ok. You insert the cart to the programmer first , then plug USB cable. Don't worry, PCE Pro also no switch. The switch on PCE Pro use for cheat code, not power switch. Now, you problem maybe because of new chip on SMS Pro. Try this new software first. If still don't work, contact me again. All our product tested before ship, normally will not have problem.
http://tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=292
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: OMFG!!! I don't believe it. Phantasy Star 1 works. Reply with quote

This is truely FUBAR. I'm not even going to ask how you managed to figure that out. It worked. I copied phantasy_star.sms to phantasy_star.pce, flashed it with Dreamwriter PCE, and the damn thing works. Phantasy Star is playing on my Genesis. This is truely a sad mixup, I bet you can get it to work with menus if you swap them. Something's really wrong about this. The interfacing software must have got mixed up or something. I wonder if just swapping a few files around could fix it?
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, hadn't seen the posts after acme77's. I grabbed the patch, should work now. Anyway, thanks for the quick patch and keep up the good work. And btw, looks like I will be ordering that PCE card soon as well (hopefully I won't encounter any problems with it's software. I just want to make sure, it does support playing Supergrafx games right? I bought a Supergrafx, so if it can play those 6 games, I will be ordering it sometime soon. Depends on whether I have to order an adapter to use an Arcade Card Pro on my US TG (if so it's still cheaper than buying a CD unit for my Core Grafx). Since the ACP has a larger library of games, it would take priority of course (as I mentioned before, I'm already using Ucon64 batch files on my desktop to drag and drop regular PC Engine games to a Griffin, so I don't need it for those). Especially since I have Sapphire.

Looking forward to your next projects. Hope GB/GBC, NES, and Neo Geo are the next 3 you have planned. Because I'm still looking to replace my bad Mr Flash 64, my Dr. PC Jr. can't save the few NES RPGs it can even run, and Neo Geo carts STILL cost an outrageous amount of money even with the system on it's death bed (with a flash cart, I could justify the expense of getting an AES system off e-bay though, find a way to include the ability to run the game in Arcade mode, like by putting a debug button and a couple of coin buttons on the device, and everyone will want one).
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Fix works, multiple games still seem not to though. Reply with quote

Well, that fix seems to have worked at least partially. I can get single games working, freezes at a black screen when I try to do multi-game flash. Oh well, I'll play around with the settings, could be the boot menu it's set to use or something. See if you can get them to load (especially zipped from a burned DVD). I can't even get multiple games working after unzipping them all to a folder on the hard drive, but at least it detects the cart and will send a single game to it fine, must be something with the multi-boot menu. Also, size detection seems to be completely thrown off when using zipped files for some reason. Well, at least I can load a game and play it, and save.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raistlin77 :

Can you try this boot menu ? put it in the same directory of your software.
Then try multi games again. After that please tell me result. Thank you so much.
Yes, PCE Pro can play supergrafx games for sure.
http://www.tototek.com/bootmenu.rar
acem77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks tomy i try my best to get things to work or under stand how they work.... tomy thanks for the great products! i really like the par code input option in the pce and gg/sms flash carts. now were is my neo geo flash Wink.....
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: now it's not recognizing the cart Reply with quote

Well, I don't know what happened, but last night I was playing Phantasy Star and it just locked up at this one point. So, I tried just turning it off and on again, nothing happened, I tried reflashing Phantasy Star to the cart, nothing happened, I tried your new multiboot menu, and flashed some games, seemed to flash alright, still didn't work but as I said, it wasn't working before either for some reason. So I go to reflash, and now the programmer can't see the cart. I'm starting to think it might be the adapter, maybe it's not a good idea to plug it in without a case, but I couldn't find one I wanted to take apart (and as usual, the one included won't work with a US Genesis so I had to remove it). So I guess it's possible I've fried both or even all 3. Not sure. Nothing recognizes the cart anymore though seems like. So, I can't tell if the boot menu would have worked or not. Guess I'll have to wait until I can order another SMS-PRO and converter to find out.
acem77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tried the new bootloader no luck blackscreen....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: