ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMS-PRO not working, programmer missing power switch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acem77 :

You mean multi games can not play, right ?
I'll test it myself. Please wait for my test.

Raistlin77 :

Your flash cart broken ? Can you double check ?
If it really damaged, don't worry, you can send it back.
Wait to see.
acem77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far multi games dont work. i only tried it once. i may have done something wrong.
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: were you able to reflash afterward? Reply with quote

If you answer yes, it means my flash cart and converter are probably both fried, the Genesis is fine apparently, the MD PRO still works with it. And I think the programmer's fine as well. But I think that capacitor on the converter must have hit something it shouldn't when I was putting it in (with the flash cart attached). I won't be able to reorder one for at least a month either. I have my Supergrafx and Arcade Card Pro to worry about. So I'll be getting the PCE PRO before I replace this. I want to see SGX games running on the original hardware and Sapphire as well. I've heard so much about how both were so ahead of their time, especially the SGX Ghouls and Ghosts (besides, as an added bonus I'll be able to play Neutopia on my US TG so I won't have to use passwords to save anymore). Unfortunately I no longer work for the US Postal Service so I can't be ordering everything I want when I want it anymore or paying $300 for a backup device at the drop of a hat (yes, I did that to get my Griffin, was it ever worth it though). But I definitely will be getting another one (when I do, I'll go find a cheap Genesis cart somewhere to trash of course, I'm not letting this happen again).
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: you'd really let me send it back? Reply with quote

So after me admitting to doing something stupid you'd still be willing to take it back? I mean, sure, there's nothing saying you have to put the converter in a case, but I should have used some common sense and done so anyway. I mean the risk you take by not doing so seems so obvious now, but I guess hindsight is always 20/20. Well, I'm going to try a few more things with it tonight. After all, if you're willing to replace it, the least I can do is verify beyond a shadow of doubt that something really is wrong with it. Unfortunately, not having an SMS or any real SMS games, I can't test them individually.
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Well, looks like there's nothing I can do with it. Reply with quote

I've tried flashing it but it either can't see it or is incapable of detecting it's size. This could be because of the new menu, but if acme77 was able to reflash his, most likely it means my flash cart is fried. I even tried switching to a different PC. No success getting it to flash. It's just not working.
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: So, now, how do I go about returning it? Reply with quote

Looks like it's time to return it, I can't figure out why none of the Dream programs seem to recognize it, it won't flash anymore. Unless you've got a diagnostic util I can run on it, there's nothing more I can try. I'm ready to send it back to you. I'll leave it to you to decide whether to replace it or not once you determine which parts are messed up and what caused it. I just want to know what you find out. If it turns out the programmer's fried, it could mean that my PC has the incorrect voltage on it's USB ports. In which case I should either find a way to adjust the setting or use a different PC for flashing from now on. If it's the adapter and cart that are messed up, I was right and something within the Genesis shorted it out and I need to find a Genesis cart to tear up next time. Then again, it's possible I just got a bad unit I guess. I have to know though, and you're the only ones who can find out for me. Unfortunately, I went a bit over my budget. It's going to be at least 9 days before I'll have the money to send it back (should have stayed away from e-bay I guess but I needed some SMS controllers to go with this stuff so I sniped some, then got looking at some other stuff, and, well, you get the idea).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: