ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Service Everyday in Everyway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rOss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Great Service Everyday in Everyway Reply with quote

Just wanted to let the siteop know of the great service i have received so far from Tototek.

Order processing was pretty smooth. Invoices where delivery way ahead of expectation and email tech support is a dream. I swear they live at their computers. My email was answered within 20 minutes.

Thanks again guys for the great shopping experience.
Xperience

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally another canadian! Welcome man.
rOss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

Cant wait too start messing around with some homebrew stuff
Xperience

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur a devr ? kool im pirate lol
rOss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xperience,

have you ordered from this site? if so how long did it take to get thru customs? mine had been there for over 24 hours. Neutral

thanks
Xperience

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never ordered sry Sad
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a SuperFlash last week, and I just received the package today! I live in the USA, so I am surprised that the item shipped so fast. I haven't tested it out yet... I need to find a Windows computer with a parallel port. Most of my computers run Linux... and the non-Linux computers don't seem to ahve parallel ports.
rOss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you try running the software in wine? or cegeda? would be wonderful if it works. I use a dualboot computer Gentoo/Windows2k. Would be great to never have to use Windows. Any chance on linux support from the manufacture?
Suppafly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagasian: 99% of PC computers hare parallel ports!!! Shocked
Jagasian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedega did not work. I didn't try Wine. Sure Cedega is based on Wine, but Wine is always a crap-shoot. Apps work with some versions of Wine and don't with other versions. New versions fix support for some apps and break support for others.

Cedega seems to be optimized for DirectX gaming more than anything else. It can run almost any DirectX game that I have thrown at it... but it hasn't been able to run any regular Windows apps I have thrown at it. Previous versions of WineX have been able to run both games and apps.

I almost think that Transgaming changed something.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just tested SuperFlash 2.34 with Wine 20040716 on Fedora Core 2. The installer does run, but it fails to install the application. I also tried to copy the installed directory from a Windows computer to my Linux computer. Then I manually launched SuperFlash. It runs, but it doesn't detect my cart.

Considering how I have been unable to get my cart working with Windows, there is a chance that SuperFlash works under Wine.
dhaunet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Toronto.
The Dumper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagasian wrote:
Ok, I just tested SuperFlash 2.34 with Wine 20040716 on Fedora Core 2. The installer does run, but it fails to install the application. I also tried to copy the installed directory from a Windows computer to my Linux computer. Then I manually launched SuperFlash. It runs, but it doesn't detect my cart.

Considering how I have been unable to get my cart working with Windows, there is a chance that SuperFlash works under Wine.

I haven't used Wine yet. Is there something special you have to do to enable parallel port access on Wine?

Did you create the registry entries for the program?
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dumper wrote:
Jagasian wrote:

I haven't used Wine yet. Is there something special you have to do to enable parallel port access on Wine?

Did you create the registry entries for the program?

I didn't create any registry entries. When it comes to Wine, you can get most apps to work, if you are willing to slave away hacking, tweaking, and configuring things. For me, I will try a few tricks if it doesn't work right away... but after 5 minutes, I won't bother anymore if I get no results.

I am not sure if paralell is supposed to work without additional configuration. In the end, I am trying to avoid Windows... so I am not too gung-ho about emulating its APIs.

I have had great success with WineX aka Cedega and many windows games. Combine that with DosBox, and you no longer have old DOS and Windows games holding you from switching to Linux.

However, just plain Wine... its a real crap shoot. Some apps just work from the start, others require some tweaking, and other still take weeks to get working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: